Grid & Dice Newsletter Game - Come Play!

• Site Administrator

If you guys want to share the link to the newsletter with the story info and links to all the participating authors this week, here's a link to the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cESVYf

I've loved reading the stories so far. I think I may have to participate next time, if you do this again.

If you want me to roll the dice for a prompt for you, let me know! I'm featuring more stories next month in the April 2nd newsletter, so you'd have a just about a month to complete yours.  Anyone else who wants to play can PM me as well!

• Like 2

If you want me to roll the dice for a prompt for you, let me know! I'm featuring more stories next month in the April 2nd newsletter, so you'd have a just about a month to complete yours.  Anyone else who wants to play can PM me as well!

Yeah, roll the dice please - I'll give it a try

(I'm not promising anything.)

Uhm, I assume I can't get any combo already done, right? So what's left? :o

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Brave soul ...  :funny:  :P

It's going to be difficult to live up to your story. I loved the Demon on holiday.

Yay! Good luck!

My other favorite was the schizo robot. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4
  • Site Administrator

Yeah, roll the dice please - I'll give it a try

(I'm not promising anything.)

Uhm, I assume I can't get any combo already done, right? So what's left? :o

Actually, the roll of the dice is whatever you get, even if you'd had the same numbers as someone else, because I'm sure your story would be unique. However, yours are different! :)

Timothy M: 4, 6, 4 A neurotic toll booth operator (verb) an inner city one star no tell motel (conjunction/pairing word) "Expletive, they saw me!"

• Like 3

Actually, the roll of the dice is whatever you get, even if you'd had the same numbers as someone else, because I'm sure your story would be unique. However, yours are different! :)

Timothy M: 4, 6, 4 A neurotic toll booth operator (verb) an inner city one star no tell motel (conjunction/pairing word) "Expletive, they saw me!"

I must say I got off easy with that combination. I'm half-way through the story I've already written 3,000 words, and I've used the three parts of the prompt. It should be done by the deadline, hopefully including some editing by AC or Kitt.

• Like 4

If you guys want to share the link to the newsletter with the story info and links to all the participating authors this week, here's a link to the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cESVYf

Hey! Tim sent me here, can I play too? Do you still have dice on hand?

• Like 3

The more the merrier.  :)  Be careful what you wish for - some possible combinations are :pinch:

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Yes, you can. Got a whole tube of them right by the printer. :D

Sasha: 1, 4, 5 An Israeli astronaut (verb) Roswell, NW (conjunction/pairing word) "Help! I just shifted into <desert animal here>. What's going to happen to me now?".

• Like 2

Yikes, Sasha got a difficult one. :o I'm so glad I avoided the Roswell place, because as a European I would have had no idea what to do with it.

btw do we have to use the exact words of the grid in the story text? I mean, who says 'an inner city one star no tell motel' ? Or is it enough to include a place which is like that?

• Like 2

Yes, you can. Got a whole tube of them right by the printer. :D

Sasha: 1, 4, 5 An Israeli astronaut (verb) Roswell, NW (conjunction/pairing word) "Help! I just shifted into <desert animal here>. What's going to happen to me now?".

Yikes, Sasha got a difficult one. :o I'm so glad I avoided the Roswell place, because as a European I would have had no idea what to do with it.

btw do we have to use the exact words of the grid in the story text? I mean, who says 'an inner city one star no tell motel' ? Or is it enough to include a place which is like that?

What is a Roswell NW? (uh-oh) But I got a shifter (in my wheelhouse) and an astronaut (sci fi all the way). Sorted.

and am I right in thinking these get posted a bit like anthology stories (leave all posting dates blank and PM link to Cia)?

• Like 2

What is a Roswell NW? (uh-oh) But I got a shifter (in my wheelhouse) and an astronaut (sci fi all the way). Sorted.

and am I right in thinking these get posted a bit like anthology stories (leave all posting dates blank and PM link to Cia)?

The original instructions are at the beginning of the topic. Your closing date is the beginning of April (same as Tim's), I think.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

It's Roswell, New Mexico.  It's known for a "UFO" crash in the 1950s.  

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Whoops, yeah, that should be Roswell, NM (New Mexico). Basically the center of the 'Aliens are Among Us/Government Conspiracy/Area 51' schtick.

Leaving the date blank/story fully unpublished is perfect because I will just make sure the story is live just before the newsletter go out by publishing it manually.

You don't have to use the 'exact language' of the location like the motel area, but the prompts with actual quotes should be used.

Anything else?

• Like 2

Leaving the date blank/story fully unpublished is perfect because I will just make sure the story is live just before the newsletter go out by publishing it manually.

You don't have to use the 'exact language' of the location like the motel area, but the prompts with actual quotes should be used.

Thanks - I'll use the prompts as chapter note:

A neurotic toll booth operator hides in an inner city one star no tell motel because: "Fuck, they saw me!"

• Like 3