Grid & Dice Newsletter Game - Come Play!

Whoops, yeah, that should be Roswell, NM (New Mexico). Basically the center of the 'Aliens are Among Us/Government Conspiracy/Area 51' schtick.

Leaving the date blank/story fully unpublished is perfect because I will just make sure the story is live just before the newsletter go out by publishing it manually.

You don't have to use the 'exact language' of the location like the motel area, but the prompts with actual quotes should be used.

Anything else?

Awesome.

I think we might be going with:

An Israeli astronaut crash lands in Roswell, NM and cries "Help! I just shifted into a Big Horn Sheep (or a Gila Monster, I can't pick). What's going to happen to me now?".

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, Cia said:

Leaving the date blank/story fully unpublished is perfect because I will just make sure the story is live just before the newsletter go out by publishing it manually.

Hi Cia I've set the story to autopublish on April 1st 12am, but feel free to  change that to fit your schedule. I'm seeing the story in the Newest Stories list, but colored green, I hope no one else can see it. The link is embedded here.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

I can't see Tim's story either... :( 

You're not meant to, yet ... He's set it for the first of April - although I did have a notification sent out earlier. Another kink in the system. ;)

• Like 2
10 hours ago, northie said:

You're not meant to, yet ... He's set it for the first of April - although I did have a notification sent out earlier. Another kink in the system. ;)

Kitt and AC Benus also got notifications of the story but like you the link led nowhere. Very strange. Cia, should I report it as a bug?

And suddenly Northie could see it on the story list, but then it disappeared again. Weird

Edited by Timothy M.
On 3/25/2017 at 8:51 PM, northie said:

Nope, can't see it in the list. Looking forward to reading it, though. :yes:   :P

On 3/26/2017 at 10:27 AM, Puppilull said:

I can't see Tim's story either... :( 

Well, it's live now, so have fun reading. I look forward to Sasha's story.

Sigh, but it never showed up in the Newest Story list again. Oh, well, hopefully getting featured in the Newsletter will help. And I did get several great comments already. 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
On 3/15/2017 at 11:36 PM, Sasha Distan said:

An Israeli astronaut crash lands in Roswell, NM and cries "Help! I just shifted into a Big Horn Sheep (or a Gila Monster, I can't pick). What's going to happen to me now?".

Hey, Sasha, what happened to your Grid&Dice story ? I was looking forward to seeing you crack the hard nut of that combo.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Hey, Sasha, what happened to your Grid&Dice story ? I was looking forward to seeing you crack the hard nut of that combo.

Hey Tim, the universe got away from me (marking deadlines and small people, also a dog with an increasing tendency to bite at his scabs). I did start, and I am hoping to finish, though not on deadline.... *hangs head in shame*

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:02 AM, Sasha Distan said:

Hey Tim, the universe got away from me (marking deadlines and small people, also a dog with an increasing tendency to bite at his scabs). I did start, and I am hoping to finish, though not on deadline.... *hangs head in shame*

Send me a PM when you get it done and I'll include it in the first newsletter of next month. Of course, if anyone new wants to take part, I can roll the dice again this month. Anyone know any other authors who might like to play? After next month, though, I want to come up with a new author game so be watching for what's next!!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cia said:

Send me a PM when you get it done and I'll include it in the first newsletter of next month. Of course, if anyone new wants to take part, I can roll the dice again this month. Anyone know any other authors who might like to play? After next month, though, I want to come up with a new author game so be watching for what's next!!

Thank you so much Cia, I'll PM you for submission details generally too - when it's ready.

Hopefully for the next game I'll get in on the first round and finish on time!

• Like 1