The new Nissan Leaf ad touts its combination accelerator/brake pedal. This reminds me of the old Disneyland Autopia ride. The combined accelerator/brake pedal and even the automatic lane control! But they did Disney one better by preventing the bumper car effect of two cars bouncing apart when they hit each other because of the two sets of springs in the bumpers! (Didn’t everybody try to ram the car in front of them?)  ;–)

On 11/21/2017 at 12:46 AM, droughtquake said:

Of course, the Giving-Your-Spouse-a-Car-For-the-Holidays concept confuses me too. For most people, a car is a big enough purchase (second only to a home) that both partners in a couple would need to decide about the expense. What happens if both partners make the same decision and buy each other cars? I doubt most couples could afford the huge dent in their budget (especially since the cars always seem to be expensive luxury vehicles). It seems like a very sexist gift where one partner thinks they don’t need to consult the other over such a major decision.

But then again, I grew up poor. I don’t have a trust fund. My daddy didn’t give me a ‘little loan’ of a million dollars…

I have seen at least one commercial where the husband and wife-- obviously very well-heeled-- gave each other a car for Christmas-- The same model and same color!

• Haha 1

The new Nissan Rogue ad features the newish Eastern Span of the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge. the less glamorous, but much busier bridge to San Francisco. Unlike the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge and all the other bridges that cross San Francisco Bay and the Carquinez Strait (as well as the Coronado Bridge across San Diego Bay) are all owned by the State of California. But since none of those bridges are in the Los Angeles area, the state forces the Bay Area (and the San Diego area) to pay for upgrades, maintenance, and replacements.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, AC Benus said:

Generally in the same area of subliminal messages is something I've noted in a few recent commercials: the nonchalant inclusions of same-sex couples!!! Yay!  

One for a national retailer of diamond rings includes a beautiful pair of brides at the altar, and the most recent one by Hallmark (a greeting card maker) for Valentine's Day had hugging guys among all the other loving couples. It's very nice to see

Is that why some people are claiming that the media is shoving homosexuality down their throats?! 

• Haha 1
On 9/24/2018 at 8:40 PM, droughtquake said:

Has anyone else wondered why people would want to eat the cannibalistic breakfast cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Every TV ad features at least one example of cannibalism. It is a long-running theme.

I had not really noticed before, but you're right!

On that note, I remember Katy Perry was accused of cannibalism and "spirit cooking" last year when her video "Bon Appétit" was released for consumption.

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Solivagant said:

Is that why some people are claiming that the media is shoving homosexuality down their throats?! 

Depending on who the homosexual was, I might not object too strongly if he were shoved (gently) down my throat…  ;–)