Prompt #560 - First Line

• 2 weeks later...

Rage

​At a Sam's Warehouse Club in Jackson, Mississippi.

"I'll never, ever, forgive you!"

"I did it for your own good. You boys needed help."

​"That's not what we got. We got punished by everybody. We got abandoned by everybody. We got harassed by everybody. So you screwed us and you called it helping? You really are delusional."

"I had to do it. I couldn't abandon you to Satan."

"Satan? Satan! So instead of Satan you served us up to religious fanatics?"

"You really are lost aren't you son?"

I shoved the man hard and growled, "Don't you ever call me son mother-f*cker. I'd like to gut stab you and leave you somewhere inconvenient to bleed out. You don't even know the shit you caused."

"So tell me, what shit did I cause?"

"Travis? Sweet little Travis- remember him? The little kid you asked me to look out for? He blew his brains out at 17 after the religious nuts his mom handed him over to played with his head for years."

"That was his choice. All of you kids got in trouble for your own choices."

"For choice to make any sense at all, you have to know the stakes of  the choice. We didn't even know enough to deny it. Brian and Doug were so messed up by the abandonment and abuse they received, they became serious drug addicts and died in prison of AIDS in the eighties. Scotty died in a car crash in 2008. I'm the last one left. We were five kids entrusted to your care and your intolerance and bigotry destroyed us all. It broke up families. It drove us all to drink and drugs to cope with the abuse we faced. You decided it was time for us to be out way before we were ready, all on your own, and walked away. I'm glad I lived to see it. Now that you are old and dying of cancer,  your damnation awaits. Soon you will die, and I hope you go screaming, directly to that place your mythology calls hell. We will all be there and you can explain it to us how it was all for our own good."

damnation.jpg

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 2

I'm assuming the same speaker (the outed boy) says the last two paragraphs, and the person who outed them is the one with cancer?

You got it. I am going to fix that.

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 1

Rage

"I'll never, ever, forgive you!"

"I did it for your own good. You boys needed help."

​"That's not what we got. We got punished by everybody. We got abandoned by everybody. We got harassed by everybody. So you screwed us and you called it helping? You really are delusional."

"I had to do it. I couldn't abandon you to Satan."

"Satan? Satan! So instead of Satan you served us up to religious fanatics?"

"You really are lost aren't you son?"

I shoved the man hard and growled, "Don't you ever call me son mother-f*cker. I'd like to gut stab you and leave you somewhere inconvenient to bleed out. You don't even know the shit you caused."

"So tell me, what shit did I cause?"

"Travis? Sweet little Travis- remember him? The little kid you asked me to look out for? He blew his brains out at 17 after the religious nuts his mom handed him over to played with his head for years."

"That was his choice. All of you kids got in trouble for your own choices."

"For choice to make any sense at all, you have to know the stakes of the choice. We didn't even know enough to deny it. Brian and Doug were so messed up by the abandonment and abuse they received, they became serious drug addicts and died in prison of AIDS in the eighties. Scotty died in a car crash in 2008. I'm the last one left. We were five kids entrusted to your care and your intolerance and bigotry destroyed us all. It broke up families. It drove us all to drink and drugs to cope with the abuse we faced. You decided it was time for us to be out way before we were ready, all on your own, and walked away. I'm glad I lived to see it. Now that you are old and dying of cancer, your damnation awaits. Soon you will die, and I hope you go screaming, directly to that place your mythology calls hell. We will all be there and you can explain it to us how it was all for our own good."

damnation.jpg

Some real story you've written there. Awesome! Its so sad that people can't accept the consequence of their actions. I would have liked to know why and how the narrator confronted the mean man 'now', though. (Y)

Edited by Uziel
  • Like 1

Some real story you've written there. Awesome! Its so sad that people can't accept the consequence of their actions. I would have liked to know why and how the narrator confronted the mean man 'now', though. (Y)

Good point.