Format code

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

All my stories, headers, footers, and main text are formated with code (GA bbcode norm).

Currently the code is not being read and appears as text.

Consequently centering text

, paragraph breaks, bold, italics, highlighted, color, do not work.

My question: will this be addressed or must all books published using code formating be republished?

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

I'll look into having the existing stories and chapters run through the rebuild process that the rest of the site went through.  Don't do anything yet.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Leave the no space in.  That's how it should appear in the editor.

if you view source, you should see:

<p>
	Leave the no space in.  That's how it should appear in the editor.
</p>
<p>Paragraph 2</p>

• Like 1

What about formatting in comments (the old reviews) and replies? Right now they are unformatted including emoticons. I can make them behave by editing and saving (though things like italics have to be redone from [ i]  italics [ /i] to italics via the I button). But with more than 2,000 reviews written and over 500 replies for my own stories, this will take a long time.

I'm on a laptop in Google Chrome, but the same thing happens in Firefox. Look at Def's comment on Gary's Morningstar chapter 47.

Edited by Timothy M.

The only way (as far as I know) to get the new software to recognise the code, italics etc. is to edit and save. That process allows the code to be read as code.

I have been through every chapter of ever story I wrote and done this, but there were still some codes which didn't work, like highlight background color, and very occasionally something I had to correct manually. Obviously it's not a practical solution for hundreds of comments, but you'll agree it is far more important for stories than comments. I think comments will just have to stay as they are, I guess it's the price you pay for the update. Doesn't look nice, but I can't see a solution unless a technical wiz could automate the edit save process, but that might put the site back into chaos for days or weeks even. ?

I should have said italics were recognised with edit save and it's nothing to do with your browser because it's the site text editor at work.

Edited by William King
  • Like 1