Latest Blog Entries

Go to solution Solved by Cia,

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

At this time that's not a sidebar option we have on the main forum page. Whether or not we add it, or can, isn't something we're looking at right at this moment. You can easily follow the blogs you enjoy and make that an activity stream you can see at a glance, or have sent to you on a daily or weekly basis, however.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Cia said:

At this time that's not a sidebar option we have on the main forum page. Whether or not we add it, or can, isn't something we're looking at right at this moment. You can easily follow the blogs you enjoy and make that an activity stream you can see at a glance, or have sent to you on a daily or weekly basis, however.

Thanks for the clarification. If it's any help, I'd vote for it to come back, if possible. I think I'd prefer it over the Forum Posts sidebar. 

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

A variation on this theme, so I hope it's OK not to create a new topic.

On the main forum page there is a blog entry box just above the status update link/box. Here you can see which blogs were most recently active. Normally, it's the three blogs which the most recent posts - or that's what I thought.

But two days ago I edited my blog with review links (adding a link to my Christmas at Famous-Barr review), and suddenly the blog popped up in the box. But I hadn't added a new post or comment, only edited the main blog entry.

Is this normal ? As far as I can recall it hasn't happened before when I added links. Of course, I'm not complaining about my blog being featured, but it does seem somewhat 'false marketing' since there weren't any new comments.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
29 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

OK, so it won't do it again? :unsure: 

I adjusted the setting.  So, it shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 6:48 PM, Myr said:

@Timothy M. It was just the widget setting to "last updated" versus "Started"

Can you set the widget to 'last updated with a comment or entry' rather than Started, or will that get us back to the previous problem of edited blogs also featuring in the Blog Entries list in the sidebar on the main Forum page ?

Hmm, never mind, I suppose I should get used to looking at the blog activity pages for recent entries. ;) 

But perhaps add a link to the Activity Stream page https://www.gayauthors.org/discover/56/ at the bottom of the sidebar blog entry list ?

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
On 1/10/2018 at 3:00 PM, Timothy M. said:

But perhaps add a link to the Activity Stream page https://www.gayauthors.org/discover/56/ at the bottom of the sidebar blog entry list ?

I've done this, but it is, unfortunately, showing up somewhere else as well. I'll be working on cleaning that up a little.

• Like 2