• Site Moderator
On 4/1/2017 at 4:20 PM, Valkyrie said:

I can never remember if Haiku are 5-7-5 or 7-5-7 syllables, so I wrote one with the latter syllable count.  So I suppose I'll call it a 'reverse Haiku'.  lol  

Ruins

Stone towers lie recumbent

no longer reaching

for blue, but consumed by green

Wow, that's good, and I totally get what you're saying. :D

Edit: I should read some more of the entries, don't you think? :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Wow, that's good, and I totally get what you're saying. :D

Thanks so much :) Totally off topic question, but is it possible to move this thread to the Poet's Corner?  

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Valkyrie said:

Thanks so much :) Totally off topic question, but is it possible to move this thread to the Poet's Corner?  

I should think so. Let me give it a try - I haven't moved anything since the upgrade, so fingers crossed this doesn't go up in a puff of smoke...

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I should think so. Let me give it a try - I haven't moved anything since the upgrade, so fingers crossed this doesn't go up in a puff of smoke...

I was thinking the same. Poetry corner is where this should be...:yes:

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
Just now, MacGreg said:

There's a Poet's Corner...?

Yup :D  Brand new.  It was created yesterday, I believe.  Poetry is getting pretty popular on the site now, so it makes sense it has its own place for discussion. :)

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Yup :D  Brand new.  It was created yesterday, I believe.  Poetry is getting pretty popular on the site now, so it makes sense it has its own place for discussion. :)

Found it!

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No, it's just the Gremlins (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) One Gremlin has been taken out, a few more to go. 

So my NaPoWriMo thread isn't gone, just temporarily hijacked by gremlins?  

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm restarting this thread due to issues with moving it to the new Poet's Corner.  Thanks for looking into fixing it, @Reader1810 :) 

April is National Poetry Writing Month.  The challenge is to write thirty poems in thirty days. This is a great time to visit or revisit AC Benus' poetry prompts, which can be found in the Prompt forum.  Feel free to share your work either here, in a blog, or posted as a collection.  Most people post weekly, in order to avoid clogging the story queue.  I'll be posting every Saturday in my "April Musings" poetry collection.  I hope we get as many, if not more, participants as we did last year.  I look forward to reading everyone's creations. :)

• Like 3
6 hours ago, MacGreg said:

There's a Poet's Corner...?

6 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Lol. :D It was created about two days before according to my time standard. 

5 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

So my NaPoWriMo thread isn't gone, just temporarily hijacked by gremlins?  

How funny gremlins are only interested in your first post only. :gikkle:

Edited by Emi GS
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Emi GS said:

How funny gremlins are only interested in your first post only. :gikkle:

Reader1810 spent several hours tonight rebuilding this thread.  There were many gremlins that needed to be vanquished. ;)

• Like 1

Very nice, that this is now located here.

I have something for today, too.

My oldest friend

I was one day old, when we met for the first time.
You were nearly one year, when we met for the first time.
We were inseparable, when we took our first steps.

You were four, when fire burned you.
You were five, when they took away morphine.
You were six, when they let you out of the hospital.

We were eight, when you had your sixth surgery to fix the scars.
We were ten, when we lay in bed together, me watching you not to scratch on them.
We were twelve, when we kissed for the first time.

We were thirteen, when you cried about people staring on your scars.
We were fourteen, when we thought nobody else understood.
We were sixteen, when we considered us grown up.

You were twenty-eight, when you went diving in a tsunami.
You were thirty-seven, when you gave birth and nearly bled to death three times.
Against odds, you are now forty-one and still the most beautiful woman I know.

• Site Administrator
11 minutes ago, Lyssa said:

Very nice, that this is now located here.

I have something for today, too.

My oldest friend

I was one day old, when we met for the first time.
You were nearly one year, when we met for the first time.
We were inseparable, when we took our first steps.

You were four, when fire burned you.
You were five, when they took away morphine.
You were six, when they let you out of the hospital.

We were eight, when you had your sixth surgery to fix the scars.
We were ten, when we lay in bed together, me watching you not to scratch on them.
We were twelve, when we kissed for the first time.

We were thirteen, when you cried about people staring on your scars.
We were fourteen, when we thought nobody else understood.
We were sixteen, when we considered us grown up.

You were twenty-eight, when you went diving in a tsunami.
You were thirty-seven, when you gave birth and nearly bled to death three times.
Against odds, you are now forty-one and still the most beautiful woman I know.

What a lovely tribute to your friendship. :hug: She sounds like a remarkable woman. :)

• Like 1

All right. Some of you might remember we did a Renga poem last year.

Quote:

Renga, meaning “linked poem," began over seven hundred years ago in Japan to encourage the collaborative composition of poems. Poets worked in pairs or small groups, taking turns composing the alternating three-line and two-line stanzas. Linked together, renga were often hundreds of lines long, though the favored length was a 36-line form called a kasen. Several centuries after its inception, the opening stanza of renga gave rise to the much shorter haiku.

To create a renga, one poet writes the first stanza, which is three lines long with a total of seventeen syllables. The next poet adds the second stanza, a couplet with seven syllables per line. The third stanza repeats the structure of the first and the fourth repeats the second, alternating in this pattern until the poem’s end.

So...any takers?

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
9 minutes ago, aditus said:

All right. Some of you might remember we did a Renga poem last year.

Quote:

Renga, meaning “linked poem," began over seven hundred years ago in Japan to encourage the collaborative composition of poems. Poets worked in pairs or small groups, taking turns composing the alternating three-line and two-line stanzas. Linked together, renga were often hundreds of lines long, though the favored length was a 36-line form called a kasen. Several centuries after its inception, the opening stanza of renga gave rise to the much shorter haiku.

To create a renga, one poet writes the first stanza, which is three lines long with a total of seventeen syllables. The next poet adds the second stanza, a couplet with seven syllables per line. The third stanza repeats the structure of the first and the fourth repeats the second, alternating in this pattern until the poem’s end.

So...any takers?

Count me in!  Maybe we can add some letters to VAMP :D

• Like 1