Newest Newsletter Game: Pick Two

4 hours ago, Cia said:

@comicfan @Nephylim @Valkyrie @Lyssa @northie @Caz Pedroso @Puppilull @ghanbrews @Drew Espinosa @Mikiesboy @Defiance19 @aditus @Ron @Dolores Esteban @BHopper2

Btw, if you absolutely cannot make your words work with the sentences, you can change some of the words. Just try to keep the same general visual of opening the door and being surprised in place. :) 

I've got a few ideas...my hubby makes a great sounding board - even if he is falling asleep. 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

Somehow, I'm rather relieved I didn't sign up for this game. :gikkle: 

Booooooo!!!!

• Like 5

I'm having fun trying to cobble Dust and Gamma-ray into that sentence, but I think I have a perfect opening. LOL.

Though, I think the two easiest is gonna be "Dog & Cookie," and "Champion & Hardhat!" Lucky... :P

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Hey now, I decided on the twist before I figured out which one would be my prompt. Not that I mind easy, lol!

• Like 2
On 07/05/2017 at 8:04 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Well @ghanbrews It looks like I'll be using yours! :) 

Curious about whats going to turn out from this. I hope i didn't make too hard xD

And it looks like I've got @Puppilull 's Headrest and sculpture. It should be fun.

I figure it will be about the first writing I post here on GA. This game sure is a nice nudge :P, thanks @Cia

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, ghanbrews said:

Curious about whats going to turn out from this. I hope i didn't make too hard xD

And it looks like I've got @Puppilull 's Headrest and sculpture. It should be fun.

I figure it will be about the first writing I post here on GA. This game sure is a nice nudge :P, thanks @Cia

Awesome! Games like this, anthologies, etc... are nice because you have a bunch of people playing along who want to see what everyone else came up with, so you get more readers and feedback too.

• Like 2
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Cia said:

Okay! Newsletter has gone out and the details have been announced! Here's what you're in for, my lovely twisted torture subjects... I mean, fellow authors and lovely site members. Take those two nouns you picked out and forget them! You're not using your nouns, you're using the nouns of the person who posted in the game just before you did! So that means BHopper2 is using Dolores' words of Dust and Gamma-Ray, she's using Ron's words of Tugboat and Store... and so on. I'll be using BHopper2's words of 'Champion and Hardhat'. Muahahahaha... hopefully they picked good words for you to use!

What are the nouns for?

You get to plug your nouns (in any order) into the following sentences:

[Name] opened the front door and found a (noun). [Name] stared, shocked, but then [Name] remembered I/he/she/they had a (noun) and….

What do I do then?

Write a 300-500 word scene, in any POV, tense, style, genre, etc... you want. They don't have to be a complete story, but they shouldn't be part of an existing storyline. Your flash piece should be finished by June 3rd, but please post-date (yay! that works again!) your chapter for June 4th. PM me with a link to your post, and I'll feature your flash fiction in June 4th's newsletter as well as a site announcement! That's it, simple, easy... fun!

My only question is what words are mine?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, comicfan said:

On 4/30/2017 at 1:33 AM, Cia said:

Nouns: park & cereal

Cia was ahead of you, so I believe those are yours.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
14 minutes ago, comicfan said:

Yes, you use my words. I'm playing too, using the last author's (BHopper2) words.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Quick Question. After we have the stories finished, edited, etc. do you want us sent to you, or post them in stories?

• You need to post them as part of a flash fiction collection. No 'stories' under 1k can be posted by themselves unless they're part of a site anthology event so you post them in a single story with each chapter labeled with the flash fiction title. For example, my flash fiction collection is titled, " Dribbles". If you're starting a new collection make sure you uncheck the 'Publish immediately' box for BOTH the story and the chapter and set the date and time to June 4th. If you're posting a new chapter to your existing flash fiction collection, just make sure you uncheck that publish immediately box and set the date/time before saving the 'chapter'.
  • Please don't set it for earlier than 4 AM Eastern Time, since that is the earliest the newsletter goes out.
  • Give your story a title for fun, and you can put in a story note indicating it's part of the newsletter game, but please don't use the title of the game for your chapter title.
  • Please have the story done and posted, unpublished and post-dated for June 4th, by June 3rd.
  • Once you've posted your story/chapter, please send me a PM with a link to it (copied from the url in the address bar) so I can make sure I get your title and link to the story to feature in the newsletter that day.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions! :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
Just now, Lyssa said:

Oh, I have no title for my scene. Ahhhhhhh

You don't have to have a title. :)  

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I wrote one but may redo it.  I got mixed feedback from my beta readers.  

I'm in the same boat. My friend is telling me, it was a bit awkward for a short scene.

• Like 5

CIa does ask for a title of some sort .. 

On 2017-5-10 at 5:52 AM, Cia said:

Give your story a title for fun, and you can put in a story note indicating it's part of the newsletter game, but please don't use the title of the game for your chapter title

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
Just now, northie said:

CIa does ask for a title of some sort .. 

:facepalm:  It helps to read the instructions... Guess I need to think of one now!  lol  

• Like 4