What Are You Reading Right Now? (Non-GA)

31 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I wouldn't know. I've never seen more than a couple episodes of Doctor Who. :P

The 2005 reboot was produced by Russell T Davies who created Queer as Folk and other TV programs with overt LGBTQ content. Doctor Who’s queer content hasn’t been as prominent, but aside from visible LGBTQ characters, there have been inoffensive references to same-sex attractions. There have been things that only a Gay man would think of (a jukebox plays Tainted Love and a Britney Spears song in the very distant future just before our Sun dies). Plus this trend has continued even after Russell left the show – the newest Doctor is a woman – regeneration is a form of Trans, right?  ;-)

The reboot is currently just beginning its 11the season, but British TV seasons are shorter than most US season (around a dozen episodes vs 22-26 episodes).  ;-)

I think @Wesley8890 would join me in recommending the series!  ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also anyone who likes to keep track of their library or books they've read try GoodReads. It even has a place to set a goal for how many books you want to read in a year. So far I'm 24 books into my 50 book goal!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Also anyone who likes to keep track of their library or books they've read try GoodReads. It even has a place to set a goal for how many books you want to read in a year. So far I'm 24 books into my 50 book goal!

I didn't know that about Goodreads. Usually, I just mark my books as "Read", "Want to Read", or "Currently Reading". :lol:

• 4 weeks later...