Adam West dead at age 88

• Site Administrator

The camp from that Batman dwarves the camp around here...

RIP Adam West, you definitely made your mark sir.

He was a playable character in Lego Batman 3.  Lots of funny lines in there from him.

• Like 1

@Myr

He was campy, but he still was "Batman", all the traits we loved about Batman was still there beneath the "Pow!" and "Bangs!"

The 1st time I heard about Adam West or even heard his voice wasn't from the old series, but from Batman TAS, when he guest starred as the "Gray Ghost" the campy hero of TV that inspired DC's animated "darker" Batman series of the 1990's.

This scene is the best passing of the torch from one generation to another, it was from this episode that I learned about the older campy series:

Edited by W_L
  • Site Moderator

Adam West had a hard time professionally after Batman's short run ended. As he said about it, the people doing the hiring "were dinosaurs." He is one of those few in Hollywood you don't hear anyone saying bad things about them. He was one of the good guys in real life and will be missed.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

Oh, so sorry to hear.  I loved watching Batman when I was a kid.  Adam West will always be Batman to me. :(

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Oh, so sorry to hear.  I loved watching Batman when I was a kid.  Adam West will always be Batman to me. :(

I remember watching Batman when I was younger too.  

• Like 3