• Site Administrator
4 hours ago, Aviana said:

Since this is an open discussion forum, So I thought I could express my opinion here and see if other poets out here share my thoughts....

To be honest, I am no superb poet or anything....In fact I started writing when I  was at the worst stage of my life and had no one to share my thoughts or feelings with....And so I started writing in hopes to give words to the turmoil in my heart...That is when I started wondering that maybe tragedy of life is a strong motivator or inspiration for a poem...Since, emotions are common all over the world so no matter which language we write our poems in, the meaning always touches us......I wonder if the poets out here would agree with me?

Writing can be very cathartic and is a great outlet to release emotions that might not have any other way to be expressed.  I would agree that tragedy can be a strong motivator or inspiration.  So can love, or joy, or anything that strikes the writer as particularly meaningful.  

• Like 4

Poets write of love, sadness, their pain, of the world around them .. anything that touches them. Many write to forget, to purge, to express. If you'd like opinions or help.. you are welcome at the Live Poets Society Forum, it's where many poets gather.. 

tim

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Poets write of love, sadness, their pain, of the world around them .. anything that touches them. Many write to forget, to purge, to express. If you'd like opinions or help.. you are welcome at the Live Poets Society Forum, it's where many poets gather.. 

tim

Yes of course, I would like to...But pardon me, but i m not sure I understood 'Live Poets Society Forum'....

Edited by Aviana
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Aviana said:

Yes of course, I would like to...But pardon me, but i m not sure I understood 'Live Poets Society Forum'....

You posted this thread in Poet's Corner.. You can find the Live Poet's here. 

• Like 3
Just now, Aviana said:

@MikiesboyThankz a lot...I guess, I ll get to interact with other poets including you :) 

anytime.. just say hi... there's lots of us around..  i'm tim .. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Aviana said:

Since this is an open discussion forum, So I thought I could express my opinion here and see if other poets out here share my thoughts....

To be honest, I am no superb poet or anything....In fact I started writing when I  was at the worst stage of my life and had no one to share my thoughts or feelings with....And so I started writing in hopes to give words to the turmoil in my heart...That is when I started wondering that maybe tragedy of life is a strong motivator or inspiration for a poem...Since, emotions are common all over the world so no matter which language we write our poems in, the meaning always touches us......I wonder if the poets out here would agree with me?

i started writing poetry seriously when i was on the streets ... it was an outlet, the safest one, of all that i used. they are posted on here.  when you're ready you can choose to be an author or poet and take the proper title.. that way your work will be safer and not just floating in forums.. where they will just sit with no copyright.  Look under More / Help at the top of the page to read about how to post your work. 

nice to meet you Aviana

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i started writing poetry seriously when i was on the streets ... it was an outlet, the safest one, of all that i used. they are posted on here.  when you're ready you can choose to be an author or poet and take the proper title.. that way your work will be safer and not just floating in forums.. where they will just sit with no copyright.  Look under More / Help at the top of the page to read about how to post your work. 

nice to meet you Aviana

Really nice to meet you too Tim

You are a bit like me when it comes to writing poems...I started writing when I was literally contemplating why I m alive...and slowly it became an outlet too...yes I was thinking of posting my works but I m not sure how to plus I m not very confident about my works :(...thankz for your info :) 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Welcome, Aviana. I definitely recommend visiting the Live Poets Society to share work and talk to other poets. It's a great spot.

Hi MacGreg, Nice to meet you...Yes as I heard from tim that it's a great spot...And I m thinking of going there and interacting with others...I M excited!!

• Like 4

Hi Aviana!

I think you're in the right place to publish your poems. So just get your feet wet and join in!

If you're looking to explore more of poetry, check out the Poetry prompts posted by @AC Benus (and former member irritable1). It's like a mini education into poetry and different forms, from haiku to ballade. Challenging and inspirational. I'm not much of a poet and I write in a language that's not my own,  but I found the prompts to be an eye opener. I think I dubbed them 'yoga for the brain' at one point. 

Here is the first one: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39421-poetry-prompt-1-tanka/#comment-480819

Edited by Puppilull
Added link
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, Aviana said:

Hi MacGreg, Nice to meet you...Yes as I heard from tim that it's a great spot...And I m thinking of going there and interacting with others...I M excited!!

Call me Mac.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Hi Aviana!

I think you're in the right place to publish your poems. So just get your feet wet and join in!

If you're looking to explore more of poetry, check out the Poetry prompts posted by @AC Benus (and former member irritable1). It's like a mini education into poetry and different forms, from haiku to ballade. Challenging and inspirational. I'm not much of a poet and I write in a language that's not my own,  but I found the prompts to be an eye opener. I think I dubbed them 'yoga for the brain' at one point. 

Here is the first one: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39421-poetry-prompt-1-tanka/#comment-480819

Hi Puppilull, nice to meet you

After talking to all of you and seeing how encouraging you all are, I m now pretty sure, I m in the right spot...Yes, I m gathering that I m definitely gonna learn and grow a lot here as poet and also as a person....

Thank you

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, Aviana said:

Hi Puppilull, nice to meet you

After talking to all of you and seeing how encouraging you all are, I m now pretty sure, I m in the right spot...Yes, I m gathering that I m definitely gonna learn and grow a lot here as poet and also as a person....

Thank you

@MacGreg another good poet and writer :)    as is @Puppilull

• Like 5
On 7/2/2017 at 8:41 AM, Puppilull said:

Hi Aviana!

Thanks for the shout-out, Pup :) 

@Aviana You can find all the links to the Poetry Prompts here. I designed the series of 20 to be full course on writing formed verse, starring at the beginning and building on everything a person learns as they create responses to the prompts. If you decide to look into them, please start at the beginning, which is on Tanka, and do them in order so you get the most out of the experience. I think a lot of people had fun going through them with me :yes: I hope you join us. 

Welcome to our hardy little band of GA poets :hug:

• Like 4
6 hours ago, AC Benus said:

Thanks for the shout-out, Pup :) 

@Aviana You can find all the links to the Poetry Prompts here. I designed the series of 20 to be full course on writing formed verse, starring at the beginning and building on everything a person learns as they create responses to the prompts. If you decide to look into them, please start at the beginning, which is on Tanka, and do them in order so you get the most out of the experience. I think a lot of people had fun going through them with me :yes: I hope you join us. 

Welcome to our hardy little band of GA poets :hug:

Thankz a bunch @AC Benus 

But actually I already started reading the poetry prompts after Tim suggested to me...

N I m so glad that I did...there was a lot to know, there were many things I didn't know about esp haiku...

• Like 1