Just now, BHopper2 said:

Yeah, they did tim. :) Loved the chapter overall, and can't wait to read the final next week.

kinda silly but it was tough editing that this morning ...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

kinda silly but it was tough editing that this morning ...

I can imagine. The last chapter of a good serial story, is the hardest to write, from everything I've read. I got faith in you, and the story, tim. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I can imagine. The last chapter of a good serial story, is the hardest to write, from everything I've read. I got faith in you, and the story, tim. :)

i hope it works for you ... like saying goodbye to dear friends

• Like 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Loved the chapter. Disappointed in Harry’s actions. I understood why he might be possibility in beginning. He knew things were improving for Dom and Louie. To do that to your friend and coworker shows lack of loyalty and respect.

I do and don't agree ... people are impulsive and often can't see or just dont want to see, what could happen. Maybe Harry felt more than he'd ever thought he might for Louis ... some need to scratch their itches no matter what.  He tried and got told no ... a bit late maybe but I'm not sure i'd do any different, being the kind of person i am.  And remember, the kind of couple these two used to be, sharing was never a big deal to them for a number of years.  And maybe returning Harry's kiss ... told Louis all he needed to know.  This is how i looked at these two and their mutual attraction. 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I do and don't agree ... people are impulsive and often can't see or just dont want to see, what could happen. Maybe Harry felt more than he'd eve thought he might for Louis ... some need to scratch their itches no matter what.  He tried and got told no ... a bit late maybe but I'm not sure i'd do any different, being the kind of person i am.  And remember, the kind of couple these two used to be, sharing was never a big deal to them for a number of years.  And maybe returning Harry's kiss ... told Louis all he needed to know.  This is how i looked at these two and their mutual attraction. 

I don’t judge him, or think him bad. Understand feelings of the heart. It was a very real moment. I just was disappointed for knowing what your friend went through. A selfish and human action and emotion.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
Just now, BlindAmbition said:

I don’t judge him, or think him bad. Understand feelings of the heart. It was a very real moment. I just was disappointed for knowing what your friend went through. A selfish and human action and emotion.

No .. as we know all too well, it's easy to judge others ... hopefully Harry got it this time ... that Louis really does mean no .. Thanks jp!  xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh gosh... i am soooooo having a hard time dealing today.  What @Wesley8890 said was sooo sweet .. i can't get through either this or the next without fighting back tears... i think my replies to everyone's excellent comments will have to wait a day... 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh gosh... i am soooooo having a hard time dealing today.  What @Wesley8890 said was sooo sweet .. i can't get through either this or the next without fighting back tears... i think my replies to everyone's excellent comments will have to wait a day... 

Its a story to be very proud of tim. Extremely well written and expressed. xoxo

• Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, BlindAmbition said:

Thank you, jp.  That means a lot. This one ... it's such an everyday story ... i am still surprised at people's reactions to it.  i thought it so mundane i very nearly didn't finish it.  But i'm very grateful to all of you who read it ... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

:hug:

8 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

What jp said.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you, jp.  That means a lot. This one ... it's such an everyday story ... i am still surprised at people's reactions to it.  i thought it so mundane i very nearly didn't finish it.  But i'm very grateful to all of you who read it ... 

I understand why you think mundane. However; where it soars, a true depiction of life and relationships. Good and bad, up and down.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Like JeffreyL, I had wondered about Louis' encounter with the mother and baby.

So, it was a diversion, huh? Let's just say, your diversion worked! I had completely put Don out of my mind, and was invested in Louis and his interaction with the baby. The kid didn't end up screaming having been left in the company of a stranger, so that was good. But, with Louis being the "stranger" I'm not surprised that they were both fine. Louis is a good-hearted and non-threatening guy, so pacifying a baby  should be easy, right? I have visions of Uncle Louis babysitting for Miriam and Doug in the future...

So one, you showcased Louis' excellent rapport with wee ones, and two, you got your readers to forget about Don's appointment. I totally didn't expect Don to be on crutches so soon. Nice way to end the chapter, tim. I'd wager we are all looking forward to the follow up of that moment. :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator
48 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Final?!?!?!?!?

Yep. Sadly, this story is only thirteen chapters long... :( 

Then again, that leaves room for a sequel or peeks into their lives via Prompt Responses, right tim?  :yes:  *fingers crossed* 

• Like 3

Thirteen is bad luck. You need a fourteenth for good luck – just like the Dwarves needed Bilbo! You need to write an epilogue or something!

Of course, I don’t really think that thirteen is worse than any other number, but if it makes a good argument for more Changes…  ;-)

51 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Thirteen is bad luck. You need a fourteenth for good luck – just like the Dwarves needed Bilbo! You need to write an epilogue or something!

Of course, I don’t really think that thirteen is worse than any other number, but if it makes a good argument for more Changes…  ;-)

yes.. the story is done.. i have something else nearly completed and worlds away from Changes ... and have you found my story in the Halloween bunch? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Sad for sure. However; I know there’s more wonderful characters waiting to escape that beautiful head of yours. xoxo

hugs and thanks... there are some in there .. we'll see which story floats to the top

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yes.. the story is done.. i have something else nearly completed and worlds away from Changes ... and have you found my story in the Halloween bunch? 

tim, I found your story. Of that, I have no doubt. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Of course! I read them all! …Oh, you’re asking if I’ve identified which one is yours! Of course not!  ;-)

I’m a lazy reader and the only guessing games I like participating in are @sandrewn’s daily Status Updates! I’m horrible at figuring out which writer wrote which story! As you might remember from the Advent Stories where I was wrong more often than right!  ;-)