Feeling good about what I'm writing! (Finally)

13 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

That's why your stories are so memorable. You care about how it's represented. If you don't feel it yet... Follow your instinct. Your stories are worth waiting for. 

I completely agree.  Your stories have a level of polish I don't see from a lot of other authors.  It's easy to see you really care about what you write, that's why I always come back to your stories.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about this new story you're cooking up for us. :read::2thumbs:

Edited by Shadow086
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Awwww! You guys are the best! I'm back to editing it some more before bed already. It can just be emotionally draining sometimes. Even when they're happy emotions. But I've come too far to short change you guys now. Promise. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Comicality said:

Awwww! You guys are the best! I'm back to editing it some more before bed already. It can just be emotionally draining sometimes. Even when they're happy emotions. But I've come too far to short change you guys now. Promise. :)

It makes me feel better about my insecurities about my writing when my Guild Master gets the same exact feelings writing these things as I do.

If a touching scene doesn't make me cry then I've not done my job. But, boy . . . it leaves me emotionally exhausted almost all the time!

I just finished GFD up to the point you left off and I feel like I've just gotten off of a roller coaster! I can't wait to see your next jewel, Mr. Jeweler! ;)

Edited by MrM
  • Like 2

Yeah, there are some scenes that had me sitting here in tears while I was writing, and it's like, "What the hell is wrong with me?" And some scenes where I've been extremely angry, or extremely hurt, and I just needed to get it out of my system before I popped! And it's hard to explain to other people sometimes unless they've actually felt that emotional release. Like, it forces me to organize my thoughts and emotions in a way that I can't do just walking around vaguely thinking about shit. Hell, venting my emotions pretty much changed the whole DIRECTION of the "Billy Chase" series! LOL, or have you forgotten Book Six? Week after week after week...complaints. Why doesn't Billy do this? Why doesn't he do that? Just keep everything secret! Just blurt everything out and tell it all! Too much sex! Too little sex! He's stupid! He's selfish! He should, he would, I would, if he could just....ARRRRGHHHH!!! He's a teenager! He's supposed to be flawed! I'm trying to pour my heart into a story here! Jesus! But they were so unforgivably hard on the poor kid that I tossed all my plans aside and said, "Fuck it! Let them see what happens when I do it THEIR way, since everybody is so skilled at writing a series! Let's make Billy the bastard they want him to be!"

Yeah...a lot of folks didn't like that at the time. LOL! But, you know...deal with it. Hehehe! Can I go back to doing things my way again?

Anyway, this story is more of a 'happy' release. It's only four chapters, but I wanted it to be really sweet. I want those romantic flares to give people that warm and fuzzy feeling in a short amount of time. I keep trying to come up with a new way to do that, so I take some extra time to add to it in bits and pieces. Then it's like, "I'll be done in a few hours! I'll look it over, and I'll give it the green light tomorrow!" Then I go back and read over it, and I'm like..."I can add just a LITTLE bit more!" Hehehe, like a chef saying, "Needs more garlic!" I'll never be able to Beat Bobby Flay with this bland recipe! :P

I don't think I can leave the house for much until Wednesday, so as long as I keep my wifi working, I won't be working on much else. A little finesse, and I'll make sure it'll be worth it.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..