Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Return of the jerk

• 2 months later...

I only just found this thread.  I’m so happy to hear that you have moved through your rough time.  I’ve often felt this system of connection between writers and readers has sucked writers into more than is realistic and may have been one of the reasons that several of my favorite prolific writers have disappeared from the board.  

Hope you can find your way back at a level of endeavor that works for you.  Pax. 

• Like 4
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wondering how our illustrious goat is these days? Last I heard, he was taking some time off after Circumnavigation, but was thinking about a sequel to "For the Love". Missing the weekly cliffhangers :( 

• Site Administrator

He's working on a new novel (I'm one of his beta-readers), but he wants to complete it before it's posted. I don't know how much more he has to write, though, as he doesn't tell me that much...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Site Administrator

It's his usual complex story, so I appreciate why he wants to finish it before he starts posting. It's great so far, though, so when it starts posting, I can thoroughly recommend it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

No one has told me how long my new story is, either, so how would I know? :P 

Seriously though, for once (I'm notorious for massively underestimating), I think it's coming in roughly where I guessed - just under 20 chapters. Of course, I shall refrain from either mentioning or admitting that this is mainly due to the chapter length being around 20k words, about 4 times my usual. Chapter 14 is currently showing as 50 pages, 21k words.  

My current guess - 2 chapters to go (after the one I'm just about done with, 14.). Then I can send it out to the team. I really can't do so yet, as some key details keep changing, which has required a few changes to early chapters and will do so again.

The new story is called "Going Sideways".  For those not familiar, it's mainly a southern US colloquialism, meaning things not going as planned, and doing so badly. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Go Sideways

Beyond that, the only thing I can say at this point is that, as always for my stories, it will be 100% utterly and totally cliffhanger-free - not even a hint of one, as I'm sure Graeme will be happy to attest. 

• Love 3
  • Site Administrator
37 minutes ago, C James said:

Beyond that, the only thing I can say at this point is that, as always for my stories, it will be 100% utterly and totally cliffhanger-free - not even a hint of one, as I'm sure Graeme will be happy to attest. 

:rofl:  

I can't wait to read it :D 

• Site Administrator
5 hours ago, C James said:

Sorry, but I have my integrity to worry about. I can't attest what he wants me to attest... After all, I haven't read the complete story, yet. 0:)

• Haha 4
  • 8 months later...
  • Site Administrator
29 minutes ago, C James said:

I'm still working on Going Sideways, and I hope all of you are coping okay with the virus, lockdowns, etc, that have made 2020 a year I, and I am sure many, would like to forget.

I expect to be around here much more often from now on - and also I'm spending more time writing. I know my timelines on posting never pan out, but I do hope to have Going Sideways online by the end of this year. (Note to self; it ain't gonna write itself, so quit slacking!).

Currently, I'm only on chapter 15 (And need to finish it all before it can be edited, etc, as some later developments need alterations to early chapters). I still expect to bring this in under 20 chapters. Recent chapters have run around 20k words - and my current count on chapter 15 is 79k words. (erm, might need to split it, I think...).

I can't say much about the story (Graeme hates spoilers, and he might see this, so...) but I can say that it will have words. Those words will usually have vowels and consonants, often several of them. Hrmmm. What else can I say? No cliffhangers, of course. Oh, and there are things in it that might seem... familiar to some. 

Welcome back, and I look forward to reading the new story :) 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
On 8/25/2020 at 5:03 PM, C James said:

Oh, and there are things in it that might seem... familiar to some. 

Some things will never change :P

Looking forward to Chapter 1, or will it be a prologue? Can you at least tell us that :gikkle: 

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..