Tom Petty In Critical Condition

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7982018/tom-petty-hospital-unconscious-cardiac-arrest

UPDATE #2: CBS is reporting that Petty has died.

UPDATE: TMZ reports that when Petty arrived at the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull his life support.

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital on Sunday night (Oct. 1) after being found unconscious in his home, in a state of full cardiac arrest, according to reports.

TMZ cites law enforcement sources that say Petty is currently on life support at the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital, where he was taken by EMTs after they were able to get a pulse from the unresponsive singer/songwriter. The site says his condition is currently unknown but was "critical from the moment he was found," and that sources in Petty's camp "are clearly upset but not talking."

Edited by Tiger
  • Site Administrator

:,(  This is so sad.  He was too young.  :(  I loved Tom Petty's music and also his acting.  I was lucky enough to attend one of his concerts a few years ago.  RIP :( 

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Actually, this report has been corrected and he hasn't died, but he's in critical condition in the hospital with a no-resuscitation order in effect. 

I've edited the topic. He is, brain dead, from what I have read, so it's only a matter of time. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I've edited the topic. He is, brain dead, from what I have read, so it's only a matter of time. 

B).............I've heard both, that he is brain dead and still on support and also he has been disconnected from life support. I would think the latter.  BTW Hi Tiger!

Edited by Benji