Reputation count

Go to solution Solved by A.J.,

I know I am not very active on the site anymore, so I'm not sure where to look for answers anymore. So if this question is answered somewhere else I apologize.

Why has my reputation count on my profile page dropped 1200 points overnight?

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Ok, I can report having the same experience. Not that it matters, but I was slightly excited to break the 8000 point mark. Now I'm not close. 

But then you get to do it twice. :)  That's sort of cool, right ? Even if 7777 is cooler than 8000 in my opinion :lol: 

• Like 4

Sometimes it can surprise you when an author leaves the site and you don’t even realize it.  I was going back through some of my older comments a couple weeks ago and I’ve left comments on stories that have since been removed from the site,  but the comment will still show up under the list of everything I’ve ever posted on the site. 

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, Curti said:

In that process... I don't think anything in the lite chats should count towards reputation points... Mostly because it allows for massive increases by just chatting... Basically if posts don't count reputation shouldn't either...

I have to disagree with your suggestion. Sure I have gained reputation from chat. Something which is offered to everyone. You want to penalize me for being active on the site. Then what's my incentive for being active. I'm still engaging. While also reading, commenting, and raising others reputation. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I have to disagree with your suggestion. Sure I have gained reputation from chat. Something which is offered to everyone. You want to penalize me for being active on the site. Then what's my incentive for being active. I'm still engaging. While also reading, commenting, and raising others reputation. 

well said, jp. i'd have very little rep if it were not for chats and things

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2017 at 10:04 PM, Curti said:

In that process... I don't think anything in the lite chats should count towards reputation points... Mostly because it allows for massive increases by just chatting... Basically if posts don't count reputation shouldn't either...

On 10/6/2017 at 10:41 PM, BlindAmbition said:

I agree with you, If the rules were exactly the same, it would make the post count and the reputation redundant. Having two different metrics "rewards" diferent things, one more comment based other from engaging the site and keeping the community alive.

• Like 4