I have been playing this non-stop lately.  I am really enjoying the game! I'm not one for shooters usually but I have seen a few videos and I was intrigued. I found the story fascinating from the opening scene. I haven't finished the story campaign yet (as I want to make this last as long as possible, lol) but I have also been playing a lot of the multiplayer action. I am very happy I gave this a go. Definitely worth the purchase! :D

Oh and if you're interested, here's what my character looks like: (He's a Warlock)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZyd5DwlGiv/?taken-by=raphaelfarmer

Anybody playing Destiny 2 here? Do you have a pic of your character?  

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I plan on avoiding this until they are done releasing content so I don't get screwed again like on the first version. 

• Site Administrator

Yes.  They really screwed over people that bought early.  And they screwed over Xbox One users.  I might never buy it because of that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing it a good bit.  The story is decent, but having to play it for each character got old partway into the 2nd round.  I definitely have no intention of doing the "meditations" after playing the entire thing 3 times.  Unfortunately, going from a game that was up and running for several years (and all of the expansions) to a base level limits how much there is to do.  Didn't play Destiny 1 until later in its life, so never experienced it at the basic shell level.  I look forward to the first expansion in December (I think).

I like that you don't have to grind for tons of random resources, but the farming did keep you active.  Nowadays it's play until the weekly reset and then go after the powerful engrams again.  One of my characters is max level and the other two are 1 item away from it.  Once I get that final item on those, I have no idea what I'll do.  It also seems kinda pointless since I assume the light cap will rise for each expansion. 

Overall, I'd call it enjoyable.  I've played it for almost 2 months at this point, but definitely look forward to having more to do.  There are some elements that feel like a downgrade from D1, but nothing that forced me to put the controller down.

• Like 1