Of the older Series Doctors, I like the Fifth Doctor the best! I started watching the show because I’d seen All Creatures Great and Small first (Tristan Farnon)! His hair has receded and he’s packed on a few extra pounds, but he’s still kind of sexy to me…  ;-)

Of the reboot Doctors, I like David Tennant best with Matt Smith a close second (I like skinny men).  ;-)

But I think I like Cap’n Jack almost as much! We need more Torchwood! Cap’n Jack cannot die.  ;-)

Captain Jack I fell in love with! His blatant flirting with anything that moved was cute. I have to say David Tennant is my fave in the reboots. My favorite companion ever is Amy Pond. I cried for hours during her last episode. Matt Smith brought a quirkiness to the series that I loved. Especially the fez. Omg the fifth doctor was the cute I like him just for looks.

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Captain Jack I fell in love with!

He was good in Doctor Who, but he was better in Torchwood. Captain Jack Harkness... even his name is a pickup line.

• Like 2

10th Doctor all the way!!!!! Least favorite would probably be the 9th Doctor. 

Favorite companion DONNA NOBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Least favorite companion Amy Bitchface Pond

• Love 1
  • Angry 2
5 minutes ago, JayT said:

Favorite companion DONNA NOBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm with you on the companions! although, Sarah and K-9 were good

21 minutes ago, JayT said:

You leave Amy alone! I love her! If anybody had a bitchface it was Rose! And Donna was kind of a bjtch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

You leave Amy alone! I love her! If anybody had a bitchface it was Rose! And Donna was kind of a bjtch

And that's why I love her.....especially Doctor Donna

• Like 1

I like Martha Jones and Cap’n Jack Harkness! In the original series, I liked Adric (Matthew Waterhouse might have looked silly in his pajamas, but he is Gay!) and Tegan (‘Braveheart, Tegan!’) – Turlough might have been annoying and treacherous, but he was pretty much my type physically!

Edited by Former Member
27 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I like Martha Jones and Cap’n Jack Harkness! In the original series, I liked Adric (Matthew Waterhouse might have looked silly in his pajamas, but he is Gay!), Tegan (‘Braveheart, Tegan!’), and Turlough might have been annoying and treacherous, but he was pretty much my type physically!

Martha was kind of boring to me. I love Adric.

• Like 1

My favourite Doctor is David Tennant. His acting was off the charts and I loved the storylines of his time. I like Matt Smith as a close second, he brought something new and fresh to the role but unfortunately this is when the show started going downhill for me. The storylines became more and more ridiculous (even by Doctor Who  standards) and the companions worsened. I didn't mind Amy, she was too over-the-top at the start but then they wrote her better. 

Rose is my favourite companion and Donna a close second. Clara is the only companion I dislike. Her character was poorly written and the show's overall writing also suffered. I was a big Doctor Who fan with the Reboot but the past 2 or 3 series have turned me off the show completely. 

Russell T Davies made the show awesome. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

What I always found amusing was seeing actors I’d known from other shows and even movies guesting on Doctor Who. Just like Star Trek, the show has been on for so long, it has tons of fans who seem to go out of their way to appear. I’m sure I miss many of them since I’ve only seen a handful of British TV shows (ones that have been on PBS mostly).

And then there are the little tidbits that only a Gay person like Russell T Davies would think to include. In an early episode of the reboot, a jukebox is described as ‘an iPod’ and is playing Tainted Love! The running gag where Cap’n Jack hits on any and everyone is another. Even Cap’n Jack’s aside to Martha hinting that they both are in love with the Doctor – a big change from when the Doctor/Companion relationship was parental or that of mentorship. (The fourth Doctor and Ramona were both Time Lords.)

4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

And then there are the little tidbits that only a Gay person like Russell T Davies would think to include. In an early episode of the reboot, a jukebox is described as ‘an iPod’ and is playing Tainted Love! The running gag where Cap’n Jack hits on any and everyone is another. Even Cap’n Jack’s aside to Martha hinting that they both are in love with the Doctor – a big change from when the Doctor/Companion relationship was parental or that of mentorship. (The fourth Doctor and Ramona were both Time Lords.)

That was the doctor and Roses first adventure I remember it. I loved the Russell Tovey character on the Titanic Christmas Special.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So @Wesley8890, if you haven’t seen Torchwood (which I highly recommend to you), have you seen any of Russell T Davies’ other series? Like the UK original Queer as Folk or Bob & Rose? Torchwood (an anagram of Doctor Who) is a more adult oriented (no, not sexually explicit) series than Doctor Who which is supposed to be a kid’s show. It aired later in the evening and the major characters from the first three Series were all depicted as having had at least one same-sex relationship even if they were primarily heterosexual. (Among the recurring characters, I liked PC Andy.)

16 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

So @Wesley8890, if you haven’t seen Torchwood (which I highly recommend to you), have you seen any of Russell T Davies’ other series? Like the UK original Queer as Folk or Bob & Rose? Torchwood (an anagram of Doctor Who) is a more adult oriented (no, not sexually explicit) series than Doctor Who which is supposed to be a kid’s show. It aired later in the evening and the major characters from the first three Series were all depicted as having had at least one same-sex relationship even if they were primarily heterosexual. (Among the recurring characters, I liked PC Andy.)

I've seen a few episodes of QaF mostly because of Aiden Gillen. Also I never noticed Torchwood was an anagram of Doctor Who.

• Like 1