The Twelfth Doctor is kind of off-putting. Not annoying like the Sixth or Seventh Doctors, but not as easy to like as most of the other Doctors. I don’t now if I’ll be able to get used to him. But at least I know there’s a new Doctor on the way – even if mysogynistic fanboys hate the idea of a female Doctor!  ;-)

Yeah that doctor is hard to get used to. Bit of trivia the Doctor was not the first character Peter Capaldi portrayed on the show. During Donna Nobles companion run they traveled to Pompeii before Vesuvius erupted. While there they run into Lobus Caecilius. Here's the link to the page 

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Lobus_Caecilius

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

No they didn't, but then again back then they probably didn't think anyone would notice. Unlike today where you say hmm he looks familiar I'll ask Google

I remember reading an article about the use of the same actor in Doctor Who Magazine at the time. So fans were aware. He was annoying in either iteration!  ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2017 at 10:52 PM, JayT said:

10th Doctor all the way!!!!! Least favorite would probably be the 9th Doctor. 

Favorite companion DONNA NOBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Least favorite companion Amy Bitchface Pond

How can you not like Amy? She gave us River!

• Love 1

Anyway, you never forget your first, which was Baker for me. (God, I'm old and I still want his scarf!) 

Of the reboot I love Tennant and Smith for different reasons. They both brought such a richness to the Doctor.

As for the original companion - Sarah Jane.

Modern Companion - Amy/ Rory because they gave the audience the incredible River Song. I also love the impossible girl Clara Osborn.

I really hated Rose, but Donna I mostly felt sorry for. As for Captain Jack, I see him as more of a guest star, since he starred in torchwood. (In Love with Jack)

I'm probably going to catch hell here, but I like Capaldi. I feel he was just hitting his stride when his turn ended.

Unlike some I can't wait for the new series and the 13th Doctor.

Edited by comicfan
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, comicfan said:

How can you not like Amy? She gave us River!

And that's the only good thing she did. Honestly, I think it's more of the fact they tried to make the show too much about her. Look at the introduction for the seasons she was on. The show is called Doctor Who not Amy Bitchface Pond

16 minutes ago, JayT said:

And that's the only good thing she did. Honestly, I think it's more of the fact they tried to make the show too much about her. Look at the introduction for the seasons she was on. The show is called Doctor Who not Amy Bitchface Pond

Miss bitchface can totally kick your ass now. She's a guardian of the galaxy!! And Rory is a time travel or with an awesome ship!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

When did Who crossover with Marvel? She’ll need a much better costume to run with Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana! What an odd combination!  ;-)

:P she does have a robot hand now

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Miss bitchface can totally kick your ass now. She's a guardian of the galaxy!! And Rory is a time travel or with an awesome ship!

did I ever say I didn't like the actress??? nope... I don't like Amy Pond

17 minutes ago, JayT said:

did I ever say I didn't like the actress??? nope... I don't like Amy Pond

The only thing I didn't like about her was she was a bit snobby at times, of course not to the extent Donna noble was. I did feel bad for Donna at the end though. I think we can all agree Martha Jones was useless she bare!y did anything.

• Wow 1
21 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

The only thing I didn't like about her was she was a bit snobby at times, of course not to the extent Donna noble was. I did feel bad for Donna at the end though. I think we can all agree Martha Jones was useless she bare!y did anything.

of god Martha Jones was horrible...I miss Claire...I didn't like Bob that much either

13 minutes ago, JayT said:

of god Martha Jones was horrible...I miss Claire...I didn't like Bob that much either

I need to catch up, who is Bob? Clara was alright, a little too peppy for me she was to happy go lucky, whereas Amy was kind of a stick in the mud I still prefer her. Seriously though did Martha do anything worth mentioning? K9 was more useful than her!

• Wow 1

What is the job of the Companion? To excite adolescent young men? To scream, run, and be the viewer’s surrogate? To pretend to be a junior Time Lord? To feed your sexual fantasies?

As a Gay man, I was attracted to Rory and Turlough (but hated Turlough’s personality). I also liked Adric, but I was’t attracted to him – his pajama outfit was embarrassing too! Oh, and Cap’n Jack! (The latter two were portrayed by Gay men.)

1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

I need to catch up, who is Bob? Clara was alright, a little too peppy for me she was to happy go lucky, whereas Amy was kind of a stick in the mud I still prefer her. Seriously though did Martha do anything worth mentioning? K9 was more useful than her!

Martha ran the hospital on the moon that one time....but she didn't really do much then.....oh and didn't she end up with Mickey

• 1 year later...