Number of Notification Announcement is Repeating

Go to solution Solved by A.J.,

• Site Moderator

My stated number of Notifications isn't working right, and I'm pretty sure it was okay before the site when down for maintenance today.

Each time I logged onto GA tonight, I got a Notification for  something I have previously received a Notification for. 

Eg. I have been Notified three times that AC Benus has posted a story review, and yet, the Notification only shows up one time in my list. I also noticed this happening with comments and reactions to posts as well, so my Notification number has been erroneously high at times. 

It's not a big issue, I know, but it is confusing to be "told" I have fourteen Notifications, when I only have three. 

Oops, forgot to add, I’m using Chrome on a Macbook Air and a mini iPad.

Edit:

the Notifications are repeating even when I'm on GA, so it's not just connected to logging on. There seems to be a time factor involved as well. Older ones that have reached the one hour mark are not repeating or have stopped repeating. 

Oct 7. Logged on and had 14 notifications. Only 9 were new. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

My stated number of Notifications isn't working right, and I'm pretty sure it was okay before the site when down for maintenance today.

: the Notifications are repeating even when I'm on GA, so it's not just connected to logging on. There seems to be a time factor involved as well. Older ones that have reached the one hour mark are not repeating or have stopped repeating. 

:huh: It doesn't happen to me. I'm on a laptop with Google Chrome. What device are you using, Reader ? 

• Like 1

It's certainly happening to me on my android tablet using Chrome.

But not, I think, on my WIndows laptop, also using Chrome. Re-edited *sigh* No sooner did I say that, when a ghost notification popped up. 

Edited by northie
  • Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if it's related to this or not. Today when @Myr commented on several stories from the Anthology, the ones which I left reviews on, I got 2 notifications for them.

One said:

Myr commented on What Happened to Mark

While the other said:

Myr has commented on What Happened to Mark

Both notifications came in at the same time.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I don't know if it's related to this or not. Today when @Myr commented on several stories from the Anthology, the ones which I left reviews on, I got 2 notifications for them.

One said:

Myr commented on What Happened to Mark

While the other said:

Myr has commented on What Happened to Mark

Both notifications came in at the same time.

This was discussed on another thread by Myr. If you liked the story, that will happen.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

If you follow a story, you'll get a notification.

If you like a story, you'll get a separate notification.  (Assuming you have your settings to notify on stories you like)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

This was discussed on another thread by Myr. If you liked the story, that will happen.

1 minute ago, Myr said:

If you follow a story, you'll get a notification.

If you like a story, you'll get a separate notification.  (Assuming you have your settings to notify on stories you like)

Thanks... :blushing: Seems I need to fine tune my settings.... *coughs* :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1