New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Nice to read all these posts. I've been reading stories on this site for some time now and recently decided to sign up :rolleyes:  

I've started working on a new novel and looking forward to posting the first couple chapters this week.

Cheers,

Mark008

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Nice to read all these posts. I've been reading stories on this site for some time now and recently decided to sign up :rolleyes:  

I've started working on a new novel and looking forward to posting the first couple chapters this week.

Cheers,

Mark008

Welcome! So what is the storyline for your novel? What type or tags will it show? Give us a little idea of your chosen subject. Pleeeeeeease?

Welcome! So what is the storyline for your novel? What type or tags will it show? Give us a little idea of your chosen subject. Pleeeeeeease?

Cool...thanks for the interest and encouragement!! :great:  I've just submitted the first two chapters so hoping it gets approved the next couple of days. It's a story called Forever Alone...with the following tags: religion, gay, first time, depression, love, suicide

Forever Alone explores the mind of a young man who’s working to save up enough money to leave his small town and travel the world on an adventure. But everything changes when his new co-worker Rob walks into his life and just as quickly as he came; he disappears leaving him with more questions than answers. Unknowingly at the time, his adventure begins, only it doesn’t turn out to be what he expected.

There are 10 chapters planned for this story each pair with its own unique spin. The main character has no name as the reader takes the hot seat to experience these events first hand. Without giving too much of the plot away, I will share that chapters 1 and 2 focus on love and coming of age as you meet a young man named Rob who struggles to understand himself underpinned with a religious upbringing. Chapters 3 and 4 explore compassion and fear as the adventure you’ve been waiting for begins without you even knowing it. You are determined to find what you’re looking for and as you explore further you are devastated at what you discover. Chapters 5 and 6 are very dark and take an in-depth look at the impact depression and suicide has on your life. During your darkest hour you meet Josh, an outgoing, fun, college guy. In chapters 7 and 8 Josh takes your adventure on a different path, one filled with curiosity and first time experiences. Finally, in chapters 9 and 10 you’re left questioning, will you be Forever Alone?  

• Like 2

Cool...thanks for the interest and encouragement!! :great:  I've just submitted the first two chapters so hoping it gets approved the next couple of days. It's a story called Forever Alone...with the following tags: religion, gay, first time, depression, love, suicide

Forever Alone explores the mind of a young man who’s working to save up enough money to leave his small town and travel the world on an adventure. But everything changes when his new co-worker Rob walks into his life and just as quickly as he came; he disappears leaving him with more questions than answers. Unknowingly at the time, his adventure begins, only it doesn’t turn out to be what he expected.

There are 10 chapters planned for this story each pair with its own unique spin. The main character has no name as the reader takes the hot seat to experience these events first hand. Without giving too much of the plot away, I will share that chapters 1 and 2 focus on love and coming of age as you meet a young man named Rob who struggles to understand himself underpinned with a religious upbringing. Chapters 3 and 4 explore compassion and fear as the adventure you’ve been waiting for begins without you even knowing it. You are determined to find what you’re looking for and as you explore further you are devastated at what you discover. Chapters 5 and 6 are very dark and take an in-depth look at the impact depression and suicide has on your life. During your darkest hour you meet Josh, an outgoing, fun, college guy. In chapters 7 and 8 Josh takes your adventure on a different path, one filled with curiosity and first time experiences. Finally, in chapters 9 and 10 you’re left questioning, will you be Forever Alone?  

SOUNDS Tasty! Can't wait. Thanks and be welcome!

Hi all.  My name is Lach Nolan, author of The Children of Light.

One of my readers told me that he was referred to my story at Nifty (hope I can say that without getting into trouble).

I wanted to come along and find the thread/comment made about my story to thank whomever it was that mentioned it.

He also mentioned that this might be a suitable place to publish my story (I have a website where my editor and I publish it at the moment) as there isn't such a heavy dependence on "sexual encounters", which is something I struggled with, writing with the intention of publishing on Nifty (let's face it, most readers on Nifty are there for the sex, no?).  So, I'm going to have a good ole nosy around, and if it all checks out, hopefully you might see my story, and future stories here first.

Thanks everyone!!!

Lach.

• Like 4

One of my readers told me that he was referred to my story at Nifty (hope I can say that without getting into trouble).

I wanted to come along and find the thread/comment made about my story to thank whomever it was that mentioned it.

He also mentioned that this might be a suitable place to publish my story (I have a website where my editor and I publish it at the moment) as there isn't such a heavy dependence on "sexual encounters", which is something I struggled with, writing with the intention of publishing on Nifty (let's face it, most readers on Nifty are there for the sex, no?).  So, I'm going to have a good ole nosy around, and if it all checks out, hopefully you might see my story, and future stories here first.

Thanks everyone!!!

Lach.

Welcome Lach,

Check out the FAQ's for the rules regarding age and such. This is the first place I've ever found where the FAQ's actually ARE! And if you have any questions that aren't answered there you will find a host of people willing to give you the answers you seek.

Be welcome!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!!!

Lach.

Welcome:). And what ricky said:).

I get busy editing and miss new members...AGAIN!

Welcome gents.  There's lots of interesting discussion threads, tons of great reading, and plenty of room to add your stories.

And you are always welcome to join us in the chat room as well!

You can only say that on the day of a second full moon in a month, and only when that happens on a Tuesday :lol:

Welcome to GA :)

• Like 1