New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually known of this website for years. But finally decided to be an active member. Since I am a writer, I'm gay, and I need a better connection with other LGBT people. 

I don't want to get to into details but I'm currently fighting tooth and nail with anxiety, and depression, and I'm looking to out of the mental hole that I'm in. So hopefully while getting inspired by you all, I can find a support group for dealing with my health issues.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, SteveTrevor said:

Hey everyone. New guy and aspiring author here. Just starting to find my way around but looking forward to getting stuck in ;)

Welcome New Guy! Enjoy the stories and the people. Its a great community. Good luck on the writing. A lot of resources and authors to learn from on here.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, rafealsivar said:

Hi everyone,himself a member of the new forum foractive forums haven't known how so very looking forward to help from everyone.

+

Welcome to GA. I moved your post to member introductions.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! I just noticed this thread so I wanted to say hi. (: I set my name to Lacuna, as I usually go by either that (no real relation to the character in the story I posted) or Liddi online. I am into fantasy (medieval, urban, etc.), sci-fi, unique character pairings, and polyamorous relationships; I'm always looking for more stories and books that include those. I have posted the beginning of the first story I wanted to share with you all, and am hoping to give weekly updates (there are several scheduled at the moment; I really like that feature). I'm not always the best at leaving feedback when I read, as I've never been part of this type of writing community before, but I plan to work on it!

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
27 minutes ago, Lacuna said:

Hello, everyone! I just noticed this thread so I wanted to say hi. (: I set my name to Lacuna, as I usually go by either that (no real relation to the character in the story I posted) or Liddi online. I am into fantasy (medieval, urban, etc.), sci-fi, unique character pairings, and polyamorous relationships; I'm always looking for more stories and books that include those. I have posted the beginning of the first story I wanted to share with you all, and am hoping to give weekly updates (there are several scheduled at the moment; I really like that feature). I'm not always the best at leaving feedback when I read, as I've never been part of this type of writing community before, but I plan to work on it!

Welcome, Lacuna :)  You'll find quite a few fantasy and sci-fi stories here.  :)  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, LJCC said:

Jakey had always been a lurker in the Gayauthors.com. As soon as purchased the 'Authors' title in the store's selection, he validated his account and discerned if whether he would continue with his preoccupation as a professional ghost, who had been lurking in this site since 2011, or involve himself  in the community that he had always wished to be a part of.

He whispered to himself, "How do I introduce myself..." and revelled in his wanderings like the idiot that he is.

While his fingers stroked the keypad, his apprehensions in voicing his opinions had rallied him to retreat with haste, and instead, close his laptop. But as all writers who ever had a thought, a desire to tell a story, a dream to be heard; as someone who has the ability to share a vision of a lesson one wishes to impart; his yearning to be an active member as an author, was triumphant.

So he sought refuge that maybe, just maybe, someone will listen. And with one person who reads his introduction, he relished in the idea that as long as there would be readers who are willing to imagine, his fears of living in his own imaginings and underpinnings of his own criticisms, would fade away, neatly tucked in the solace of his hesitations.

Thus, he breathed a sigh of confidence, and urged his fingers to press the keys, and started typing, as he wrote his first introduction such as this:

"Hi, I'm Jakey. Not Jackie. But Jake with a 'Y'...."

got it, it's Jakey .. i'm tim .. welcome .. now since you're here, don't forget to like things... read some stuff and make some friends ...  

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

got it, it's Jakey .. i'm tim .. welcome .. now since you're here, don't forget to like things... read some stuff and makes some friends ...  

Thank you Tim. :-)

Yes, I will. I've read a lot of stories throughout the years.

So 'liking' the stories will definitely be a promise.

• Like 5
Just now, LJCC said:

Thank you Tim. :-)

Yes, I will. I've read a lot of stories throughout the years.

So 'liking' the stories will definitely be a promise.

i'm sure you have ... glad you decided to join.. i'm tim .. lowercase but it's a lot to remember so no worries.  you have a lot of new stuff to look at now.. have fun...

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, LJCC said:

Jakey had always been a lurker in the Gayauthors.com. As soon as purchased the 'Authors' title in the store's selection, he validated his account and discerned if whether he would continue with his preoccupation as a professional ghost, who had been lurking in this site since 2011, or involve himself  in the community that he had always wished to be a part of.

He whispered to himself, "How do I introduce myself..." and revelled in his wanderings like the idiot that he is.

While his fingers stroked the keypad, his apprehensions in voicing his opinions had rallied him to retreat with haste, and instead, close his laptop. But as all writers who ever had a thought, a desire to tell a story, a dream to be heard; as someone who has the ability to share a vision of a lesson one wishes to impart; his yearning to be an active member as an author, was triumphant.

So he sought refuge that maybe, just maybe, someone will listen. And with one person who reads his introduction, he relished in the idea that as long as there would be readers who are willing to imagine, his fears of living in his own imaginings and underpinnings of his own criticisms, would fade away, neatly tucked in the solace of his hesitations.

Thus, he breathed a sigh of confidence, and urged his fingers to press the keys, and started typing, as he wrote his first introduction such as this:

Welcome, Jakey :) This is a great place to be.  Glad you decided to come out of lurk mode.  :)

• Like 3
3 hours ago, LJCC said:

Welcome Jakey. You already know that this is a good place to read, but it is also a very good place to be and meet people. :hug:

• Like 3