New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

5 hours ago, LJCC said:

Jakey had always been a lurker in the Gayauthors.com. As soon as purchased the 'Authors' title in the store's selection, he validated his account and discerned if whether he would continue with his preoccupation as a professional ghost, who had been lurking in this site since 2011, or involve himself  in the community that he had always wished to be a part of.

He whispered to himself, "How do I introduce myself..." and revelled in his wanderings like the idiot that he is.

While his fingers stroked the keypad, his apprehensions in voicing his opinions had rallied him to retreat with haste, and instead, close his laptop. But as all writers who ever had a thought, a desire to tell a story, a dream to be heard; as someone who has the ability to share a vision of a lesson one wishes to impart; his yearning to be an active member as an author, was triumphant.

So he sought refuge that maybe, just maybe, someone will listen. And with one person who reads his introduction, he relished in the idea that as long as there would be readers who are willing to imagine, his fears of living in his own imaginings and underpinnings of his own criticisms, would fade away, neatly tucked in the solace of his hesitations.

Thus, he breathed a sigh of confidence, and urged his fingers to press the keys, and started typing, as he wrote his first introduction such as this:

"Hi, I'm Jakey. Not Jackie. But Jake with a 'Y'...."

Welcome to GA Jakey.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, LJCC said:

Jakey had always been a lurker in the Gayauthors.com. As soon as purchased the 'Authors' title in the store's selection, he validated his account and discerned if whether he would continue with his preoccupation as a professional ghost, who had been lurking in this site since 2011, or involve himself  in the community that he had always wished to be a part of.

He whispered to himself, "How do I introduce myself..." and revelled in his wanderings like the idiot that he is.

While his fingers stroked the keypad, his apprehensions in voicing his opinions had rallied him to retreat with haste, and instead, close his laptop. But as all writers who ever had a thought, a desire to tell a story, a dream to be heard; as someone who has the ability to share a vision of a lesson one wishes to impart; his yearning to be an active member as an author, was triumphant.

So he sought refuge that maybe, just maybe, someone will listen. And with one person who reads his introduction, he relished in the idea that as long as there would be readers who are willing to imagine, his fears of living in his own imaginings and underpinnings of his own criticisms, would fade away, neatly tucked in the solace of his hesitations.

Thus, he breathed a sigh of confidence, and urged his fingers to press the keys, and started typing, as he wrote his first introduction such as this:

Hi, Jakey! I loved your introduction to us... doing it in the third person. I like you already, and I feel like I've learned some important stuff about you. Welcome to GA... it belongs to you as much as to anyone. :)  Cheers... Gary....

• Like 2
7 hours ago, LJCC said:

He whispered to himself, "How do I introduce myself..." 

hello Jakey and welcome to the light!

i'm molly i look forward to getting to know you better

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LJCC said:

great intro, Jakey! you'll find lots to be a part of around here. my user name may be mogwhy(the why will become apparent--i ask lots of questions) but  please call me moggy-- small m (i like how it looks :P ) and ends in y, but although moggy is preferred, i'll answer to just about anything, except being late for dinner.

so Welcome Jakey! nice to meet you

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Everybody!

G'gay from London. No, not from Earls Court or the back of a poorly decorated Australian bar that serves Fosters and chocolate-covered crickets. I am an Aussie that lives in London now and I am here to stay. How can I prove it? I took the plunge and sent my Aussie drivers license to DVLA today. In a few weeks when I am still without a license, I will start whining about this agency and combined with my early morning complaining about the poor weather, lack of sunshine and crowds on the tube, I will hopefully be considered a true Aussie-Brit, even though I also have a US passport in my bag. Figure that one out. Needless to say, I don't share that trivia with just anyone and everyone for fear of being drawn into a conversation or asked my opinion about anything going on the good old U S of A.  But, I digress. I share that trivia because the membership of this site are highly evolved and I can trust that you aren't going to dob me into the Ministry of Love, or whatever agency is hunting my other fellow countryman that is holed-up in Knightsbridge, Mr Assange.

What about me? You are thinking it as when I am not drinking wine and I have my wits about me, I can read minds. Fortunately for you, I always have a glass of wine in my hand so you don't have to be worried. I love Cricket but hate the Australian national team. I was really hoping Root, Broad, Anderson and Cook would prove that Australian team is indeed poor during the Ashes, but my predictions and big talk that worked up my mates down under made me a social outcast. It is another reason why I sent my Aussie drivers license to the DVLA as I gave up. I can't support our national football team as they are a joke. Much like Arsenal, but I have adopted the mighty Spurs as my team. I might be the only fan that still has all of his natural teeth. They are glistening white too.

In between having fun, trying new restaurants, drinking heavily, working 9-7, I have a few other interests. I like to run (bloody cold and limited sun force me into the loud gym running on the treadmill, where I take the opportunity to watch television I have downloaded on my phone) but since I sweat like Jimmy Saville at Paris Disneyland, I find no joy walking home. I collect coins from the 1940's, Bill Henson books and anything that has been banned or caused some sort of outrage. Stuff like this always goes down well when I throw parties. I also like going to gigs, but at smaller venues which still feature indie/alternative bands. The first time I went to the O2 Brixton was to see Linkin Park last year. RIP Chester. I am going to see The Cure and Interpol at BST. I have a ticket that has access to "all you can drink bar" so I am not sure I will be able to stay awake until the end and will end up dreaming of being lost in a forest, all alone.

Sometimes I write also. I prefer to write letters of complaint (like a true Aussie!) to airlines, shops and whoever is giving bad service. As there is no such thing as "good service" in England, I am always typing. So much, in fact, the 'Z' key broke off my keyboard. It wouldn't bother most people but when you have a name like mine, it gets rather tedious signing off. A few years ago during the Easter 2015 break, I decided to write a short story called "Innocence Waning" and after a few people tapped me on the back(side) and said "good on ya, mate" I decided to turn it into a long-form book. It took me over two years to finish it. For various reasons after that, I shoved it into storage on my private cloud and didn't think about it much until I was getting drunk in Copenhagen a few months ago. I decided that it should get a final edit and be thrust back on to the Interwebs for the world to see. That is what led me to this place. No, not to dispel the myth that Australians eat deep fried crickets (I NEVER EVER have seen them served anywhere in Australia, but yet some Aussie-themed bar in Vienna insisted they were a thing...) or drink Fosters (brewed in Melbourne, but nobody drinks that cat pee) but to contribute, fit in and have a laugh. When I am done with my next letter of complaint (I need to evolve into just whining so I can be a true Brit albeit with a dodgy accent) I will post chapters from my book from time to time and post what I hope to be interesting thoughts in the forums. 

Always a pleasure and never a chore.

Chezdon

Edited by Former Author
3 minutes ago, chezdon1997 said:

You aren't Richard III, are you? He is my favourite monarch. So misunderstood and the subject of the Tudor propaganda machine. RIP.

Cheers mate! :)

Chez

I live in Market Harborough, about 14 miles South of Leicester where Richard III was buried. An old school friend of  mine is a keen defender of him.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ancientrichard said:

about 14 miles South of Leicester where Richard III was buried

I spent two hours chilling out in the Richard III museum in the York tower. It was great. Driving back, I was refused when I asked to stop at the site where the Battle of Bosworth was fought so I didn't bother trying to see the car park in Leicester where poor old Richard III was originally buried. Poor bloke! He deserves heaps more respect compared to the do-nothing youngest generation of Windsor Royals. Good on ya mate for defending the best monarch to ever rule this fine country.

Edited by Former Author
52 minutes ago, chezdon1997 said:

Hey Everybody!

G'gay from London. No, not from Earls Court or the back of a poorly decorated Australian bar that serves Fosters and chocolate-covered crickets. I am an Aussie that lives in London now and I am here to stay. How can I prove it? I took the plunge and sent my Aussie drivers license to DVLA today. In a few weeks when I am still without a license, I will start whining about this agency and combined with my early morning complaining about the poor weather, lack of sunshine and crowds on the tube, I will hopefully be considered a true Aussie-Brit, even though I also have a US passport in my bag. Figure that one out. Needless to say, I don't share that trivia with just anyone and everyone for fear of being drawn into a conversation or asked my opinion about The Don. Life is too short to give an opinion on that mess, especially since I don't bother to vote in that country. Who cares what I think? But, I digress. I share that trivia because the membership of this site are highly evolved and I can trust that you aren't going to dob me into the Ministry of Love, or whatever agency is hunting my other fellow countryman that is holed-up in Knightsbridge, Mr Assange.

What about me? You are thinking it as when I am not drinking wine and I have my wits about me, I can read minds. Fortunately for you, I always have a glass of wine in my hand so you don't have to be worried. I love Cricket but hate the Australian national team. I was really hoping Root, Broad, Anderson and Cook would prove that Australian team is indeed poor during the Ashes, but my predictions and big talk that worked up my mates down under made me a social outcast. It is another reason why I sent my Aussie drivers license to the DVLA as I gave up. I can't support our national football team as they are a joke. Much like Arsenal, but I have adopted the mighty Spurs as my team. I might be the only fan that still has all of his natural teeth. They are glistening white too.

In between having fun, trying new restaurants, drinking heavily, working 9-7, I have a few other interests. I like to run (bloody cold and limited sun force me into the loud gym running on the treadmill, where I take the opportunity to watch television I have downloaded on my phone) but since I sweat like Jimmy Saville at Paris Disneyland, I find no joy walking home. I collect coins from the 1940's, Bill Henson books and anything that has been banned or caused some sort of outrage. Stuff like this always goes down well when I throw parties. I also like going to gigs, but at smaller venues which still feature indie/alternative bands. The first time I went to the O2 Brixton was to see Linkin Park last year. RIP Chester. I am going to see The Cure and Interpol at BST. I have a ticket that has access to "all you can drink bar" so I am not sure I will be able to stay awake until the end and will end up dreaming of being lost in a forest, all alone.

Sometimes I write also. I prefer to write letters of complaint (like a true Aussie!) to airlines, shops and whoever is giving bad service. As there is no such thing as "good service" in England, I am always typing. So much, in fact, the 'Z' key broke off my keyboard. It wouldn't bother most people but when you have a name like mine, it gets rather tedious signing off. A few years ago during the Easter 2015 break, I decided to write a short story called "Innocence Waning" and after a few people tapped me on the back(side) and said "good on ya, mate" I decided to turn it into a long-form book. It took me over two years to finish it. For various reasons after that, I shoved it into storage on my private cloud and didn't think about it much until I was getting drunk in Copenhagen a few months ago. I decided that it should get a final edit and be thrust back on to the Interwebs for the world to see. That is what led me to this place. No, not to dispel the myth that Australians eat deep fried crickets (I NEVER EVER have seen them served anywhere in Australia, but yet some Aussie-themed bar in Vienna insisted they were a thing...) or drink Fosters (brewed in Melbourne, but nobody drinks that cat pee) but to contribute, fit in and have a laugh. When I am done with my next letter of complaint (I need to evolve into just whining so I can be a true Brit albeit with a dodgy accent) I will post chapters from my book from time to time and post what I hope to be interesting thoughts in the forums. 

Chezdon

Quite the introduction... welcome to GA, Chezdon! It's a great place to hang out, read, write, or whatever. Cheers... Gary....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chezdon1997 said:

Hey Everybody!

G'gay from London. No, not from Earls Court or the back of a poorly decorated Australian bar that serves Fosters and chocolate-covered crickets. I am an Aussie that lives in London now and I am here to stay. How can I prove it? I took the plunge and sent my Aussie drivers license to DVLA today. In a few weeks when I am still without a license, I will start whining about this agency and combined with my early morning complaining about the poor weather, lack of sunshine and crowds on the tube, I will hopefully be considered a true Aussie-Brit, even though I also have a US passport in my bag. Figure that one out. Needless to say, I don't share that trivia with just anyone and everyone for fear of being drawn into a conversation or asked my opinion about The Don. Life is too short to give an opinion on that mess, especially since I don't bother to vote in that country. Who cares what I think? But, I digress. I share that trivia because the membership of this site are highly evolved and I can trust that you aren't going to dob me into the Ministry of Love, or whatever agency is hunting my other fellow countryman that is holed-up in Knightsbridge, Mr Assange.

Chezdon

Welcome to GA Chezdon, this is a wonderful place to read, write, or just to hang out.  After this introduction I like you already :2thumbs:

I also remember I read most of the Innocence Waning (although don't remember If I read everything posted) so I am definitely curious to see the end result.

Best

• Like 2
13 hours ago, chezdon1997 said:

Hey Everybody!

G'gay from London. No, not from Earls Court or the back of a poorly decorated Australian bar that serves Fosters and chocolate-covered crickets. I am an Aussie that lives in London now and I am here to stay. How can I prove it? I took the plunge and sent my Aussie drivers license to DVLA today. In a few weeks when I am still without a license, I will start whining about this agency and combined with my early morning complaining about the poor weather, lack of sunshine and crowds on the tube, I will hopefully be considered a true Aussie-Brit, even though I also have a US passport in my bag. Figure that one out. Needless to say, I don't share that trivia with just anyone and everyone for fear of being drawn into a conversation or asked my opinion about anything going on the good old U S of A.  But, I digress. I share that trivia because the membership of this site are highly evolved and I can trust that you aren't going to dob me into the Ministry of Love, or whatever agency is hunting my other fellow countryman that is holed-up in Knightsbridge, Mr Assange.

Chezdon

Welcome to GA.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ali!  Welcome to the nicest group of people you will ever meet.  We have our rough spots like any family, but when the chips are down ...

Don't hesitate to pm me if you need help with something. 

• Like 4