Thursday's Question For Imaginee Magazine...

nqHTBGX.jpg

It happens.

Don't think that it won't find you some day...because it will. This topic is all about you guys sharing your heartbreak with us. That can mean a variety of things. Whatever your personal experience is...feel free to share it with the rest of us.

Loving someone and exposing the most vulnerable parts of your heart and your soul...only to be betrayed or rejected later, can be a devastating experience. God knows that I've channeled a great deal of heartache and pain into my stories on this site. And let me tell you, it doesn't get any easier. If you think you're going to be able to build up a tolerance to having someone simply 'not love you'...good luck with that. If you ever figure out that formula, put it in a bottle and sell me a case of it. K?

So tell us of a significant broken heart situation in your life. What happened? Were you in a relationship at the time? Were you cheated on? Did things just...go astray? How old were you? Was it your first crush? How did you get over it? <I>DID</I> you get over it at all? Maybe it was a relationship that simply didn't work out. Maybe it wasn't a relationship at all. Maybe it was somebody you had serious feelings for...but they weren't gay. Or unavailable, or promised to someone else, or simply not interested.

Whatever your thoughts are on the heartbreak you've all faced in your lives...feel free to put it here and relieve yourself of the burden. Talk about it. Why not? You know?

Interested to see what you guys have to say on this one! I'll add two or three heartbreaks of my own and give details when I get a chance!

Just know that you are loved. And the 'real thing' takes time. Just remember that, and never give up the hope that you'll eventually find someone to love you the way you deserve to be loved. K? That person is out there. And they're lonely too...

Too many to talk about really. And I've never gotten used to it.

I'll be honest and say that it would take me forever to talk about all the boys that have come along and truly broken my heart. Some, to the point where I just didn't want to 'be here' anymore. Oh God, the pain I've been through trying to love someone else is something that I can't even put into words. Sighhhh...rite of passage, I guess.

I'll also be honest and say that there is one heartbreak that I really don't want to talk about here. Even though it has been one of the most devastating that I've ever faced. And yet, that story is ongoing. So, that's for another time.

One major heartbreak that I WILL talk about here, however...deals with my best friend, Mike. We were barely 14 when we met. This was the Summer before our froshman year of high school. It took about an hour for us to bond. It was just immediate! Now, I know that I like cute boys and that being cute is a good way to get me to approach you. Hehehe, but I didn't even know that I liked him in that way just yet. We just got along from the start.

And I fell in love. I really did. It was just like a Comicality story. We met in school, then took the same bus home every day, then had a bunch of classes together, and then found out we had lunch at the same time, then found out we lived two blocks away from each other...and he was so CUTE! LOL!

The problem...Mike is straight. The love? It doesn't go away. It stays forever. So I loved him all through high school. Loved him when he went away to college and would take trips to visit and party with him and his friends. Loved him when he came back home, and we moved into a tiny apartment together. (Creating sexual frustration that created this very website!) Loved him the whole time I was writing stories online and he was doing things on his own. Loved him through my frightening 'coming out' speech to him and waiting nearly two weeks for him to believe me. Loved him through his dating a woman who was so super cool that I couldn't help but to give my permanent thumbs up. And I even stood at his wedding. I love him NOW!

He's actually been in my life for more years than he has NOT been in my life at this point. We stuck by one another through good times and bad. Got into fights together, went drinking together, and God forbid anyone that would dare to come between us for ANY reason.

But...I can't have him. That's just the way it goes. And I've had my heart broken over and over and over again for decades now because of it. It's not that he doesn't love me in his own way, but wishing for anything more than that will always ache a little bit. Loving someone that can't love you back...there's no greater pain than that. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Anyway, that's my heartbreak story. ((Hugz)) To you guys for adding a little something of your own.

• Love 1

I suppose my heartbreak is from the fact that I've never let anyone get close enough to me to break my heart. I am the Ice King. I am Snowflake without my Brian. I am Brandon without my Billy. My writings are dreams of love that I wish I could have had but, for one reason or another, never found.

I hope that I can find someone to love enough for them to break my heart one day. Even if I don't survive it, at least I will have lived a bit before dying. To live a life unloved seems like such a waste.

The Rose is my song. 

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..