"Gay" Authors?

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I've read a few stories on this site without an account before, but I'm honestly confused about the concept of the site name. Is this a site only for authors who identify as gay (seems unlikely based on the registration process allowing one to select that they are straight), or a site where characters involved in the stories are always gay males (my experience reading here), or is other content such as stories about lesbian, bisexual, trans, etc. characters allowed? I do write stories about gay male characters, but those stories often include other LGBT+ characters as well; would I need to remove non-gay male romance and explicit content? Thank you for any answers; I was unable to find this information in the FAQ.

Edited by Lacuna
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, Lacuna said:

I've read a few stories on this site without an account before, but I'm honestly confused about the concept of the site name. Is this a site only for authors who identify as gay (seems unlikely based on the registration process allowing one to select that they are straight), or a site where characters involved in the stories are always gay males (my experience reading here), or is other content such as stories about lesbian, bisexual, trans, etc. characters allowed? I do write stories about gay male characters, but those stories often include other LGBT+ characters as well; would I need to remove non-gay male romance and explicit content? Thank you for any answers; I was unable to find this information in the FAQ.

Welcome, Lacuna! I see your question has already been well answered.  I'll just add this is a wonderful home for all kinds of stories, and I wish you well. Cheers... Gary....

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Lacuna said:

Thank you so much for your replies, everyone! I will of course appropriately tag anything I post. I've posted stories on other sites before, but have never experienced such a welcoming atmosphere. I really appreciate it!

Welcome Lacuna. GA  is really like another home for who ever wants join. Relatively welcoming, so friendly and enormous knowledge to learn from everyone. You'll find it soon... 

Edited by Emi GS
  • Like 4