Notifications not populating for story; Twelve Days of Christmas, by @lomax 61

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

• 2 weeks later...

On the other hand, I get two notifications when someone comments on lomax's story (not on chapters, but the story itself). One notification says lomax has commented on and the other says lomax commented on (and it's the same comment). I guess one notification comes from me following the story and the other from me having liked the story ?

Same happens with Wild Card by Dayne Mora btw.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

I get two notifications when someone comments on lomax's story (not on chapters, but the story itself)

If you follow the story and your notifications are set to notify on Like, then you get two notifications.

Notification Settings screenshot

The follow system in the old software relied on likes.  Now they rely on Follow.  The Like notifications in the current software are simply legacy support. 

Now, having said that, the 4.1 version of the forum software had a limited notification function that artificially cut off the number of people it would notify.  This was fixed in the 4.2 forum software, but not yet fixed in the Stories software.  We are beta testing some of those changes in the Stories software now. 

Current workaround if you are not getting chapter notifications on stories you follow... Like them and toggle your notification for the "Notify me when a chapter is posted to a story I like"

• Like 3