Tis' the Season! Post Your Favorite Christmas Music

On 12/1/2017 at 2:37 PM, BlindAmbition said:

My most favorite song is for the season. I’m thankful I’m still alive, and thankful for the love I have and have had.  

Love this one. It's part of a Thanksgiving playlist I play while I'm cooking that day

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'll add my favorite Danish Christmas hymn - it's also sung in Sweden and Norway, making it a proper Scandinavian Christmas song.

Also my favorite julesang (xmas song) for dancing around the juletræ (tree) on Juleaften (Christmas Eve).

@ColumbusGuy if you ever get to Christmas in your Jay and Miles story, these may come in handy. :) 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

One of my favorite classical pieces by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart  

Thanks, JP!! I don't know if you have ever heard it, but Mozart's dance was probably a loving tribute to his father. Leopold wrote a great tone poem, called "A Musical Sleigh Ride" when Wolfie was a boy. Here it is

https://youtu.be/cEEtKy9lYKU

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

Thanks, JP!! I don't know if you have ever heard it, but Mozart's dance was probably a loving tribute to his father. Leopold wrote a great tone poem, called "A Musical Sleigh Ride" when Wolfie was a boy. Here it is

https://youtu.be/cEEtKy9lYKU

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the backstory AC. 💋

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

well the list is varied, that's for sure. i may go to heck for this, but i found this funny when i 1st heard it:

Oh Moggy! I hope those are true native Americans singing. This is bordering on cultural misappropriation.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sam Wyer said:

:lmao: Wha.... who is this?  Why have they not been in my life before now?

@BHopper2 I think I’m developing a full on man-crush :glomp:

LOL, Thanks.

TSO is a traveling orchestra here in the States. Every so often some of the musicians will switch out with local artists. Not sure if they've been in other parts of the world, but I guess they have. Been around for several years.

A few of their full-length shows can be found on YouTube as well, and I highly suggest if you have a couple of hours, to sit and watch it. It's fantastic. I've known a couple of people who've seen them live, and they raved the performance.

• Like 5

Nine Vintage Christmas Songs from the 1900's & 1910's recorded from wax cylinders. Enjoy the Christmas music from the time of Downton Abbey and the Titanic.   Full song playlist:

Joy to the World The Edison Concert Band 1906

The First Noël Carol Singers 1914

Silent Night Elizabeth Spencer & Anthony Harrison 1912

Adeste Fideles Carol Singers 1914

Hail, Hail, Day of Days! The Edison Mixed Quartet 1913

God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen! Carol Singers 1917

Oh, Tannenbaum Nebe Quartett 1907

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing! The Edison Mixed Quartet 1912

The Night Before Christmas Harry E. Humphrey 1914

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

Ok, background on heritage. I’m mostly Italian. While some Italians might be offended, this played every year at Christmas dinner.  

:lmao: Oh honey, there's nothing like laughing with family and friends around the dinner table during the holidays. And seriously? How can anyone be offended by Dominick, he's a hoot! 

Edited by Former Member