World of Warcraft

Those familiar with me may already know I'm along time player of WoW. I left during the Pandaria expansion because I wasn't a fan of it and we'd gotten our first child, who was - and is - a handful. But I'm back to playing and we have a guild, Luck in the Shadows, which is on the Proudmoore server which is a west coast server (I'm east coast). So for anyone looking to play or re-up and get with a new guild, hit us up.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I was never able to get myself into WoW.  It was probably my budget and schedule when this thing launched.  Of course, even when I do play an MMO, like Star Wars: The Old Republic, I tend to solo my way around.   I'm a lone wolf in so many things.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Myr said:

I tend to solo my way around.   I'm a lone wolf in so many things.

I read an article that was done about an Industry Study for MMOs and MMORPGs, that found certain trends based on the country that a player came from.

South Korea by far plays more MMO-style games than any other country.

Russia leads in Botting and Scammers for Cash for Gold Shops.

Europe and Asian countries value Team Work and Cooperative endeavors.

In the Americas, Solo Play and Lone Wolfs are the preferred styles of play.

On topic: I used to play WoW back in the day and had a great time. Can't play it now as my ancient craptop wouldn't run it, but planning on getting it once again, when I can run and afford it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I played way back in the classic days, and for a bit into the first expansion.  I was quite addicted to it for awhile when I didn't have a job and was caring for my father full time at home, it gave me something to do in between the other responsibilities.  Anyway, I dropped out for a couple years and then tried to get back into it after the dragon cataclysm expansion, but it was too different from how I remembered it.  A lot of the quests I played early game back in the day were gone.  But the final nail in the coffin for me was what I called the "Kung Fu Panda" expansion announcement and I quit in disgust.  My nephew was actually teasing me about this on Christmas, he used to watch me play, and he's recently gotten into it himself.  I'd forgotten about my passionate ranting about Kung Fu Pandas, but he thought it was hilarious and still remembered.  I guess kids really are impressionable...

• Like 3
On 1/6/2018 at 9:56 PM, spikey582 said:

I played way back in the classic days, and for a bit into the first expansion.  I was quite addicted to it for awhile when I didn't have a job and was caring for my father full time at home, it gave me something to do in between the other responsibilities.  Anyway, I dropped out for a couple years and then tried to get back into it after the dragon cataclysm expansion, but it was too different from how I remembered it.  A lot of the quests I played early game back in the day were gone.  But the final nail in the coffin for me was what I called the "Kung Fu Panda" expansion announcement and I quit in disgust.  My nephew was actually teasing me about this on Christmas, he used to watch me play, and he's recently gotten into it himself.  I'd forgotten about my passionate ranting about Kung Fu Pandas, but he thought it was hilarious and still remembered.  I guess kids really are impressionable...

I was extremely disappointed with the whole Pandaren concept. I quit early into that, but I've enjoyed Legion and the systems they introduced.

• Like 2

I played *way* too much and was actually kind of pleased that I got bored with Pandaria as it gave a good way out.  I still have it installed, but cancelled my sub.  Guess i can’t say goodbye just yet, but I’m a little scared of going back.  It could easily be WoW OR any more writing ever from me.  And one of those is definitely better for me :) 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

The new Battle For Azeroth expansion drops next month - so if anyone is thinking of coming back to the game or if your guild has given up - Luck in the Shadows on Proudmoore is waiting for you! If you play and don't want to move, feel free to add me as a friend - Jaketull#1733. I mostly do 5 man content, some lfr with the occasional raid. I enjoy hitting up the older achievements and mounts, etc. If you've earned an Allied Race character on another server, come level up with us!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dabeagle said:

The new Battle For Azeroth expansion drops next month - so if anyone is thinking of coming back to the game or if your guild has given up - Luck in the Shadows on Proudmoore is waiting for you! If you play and don't want to move, feel free to add me as a friend - Jaketull#1733. I mostly do 5 man content, some lfr with the occasional raid. I enjoy hitting up the older achievements and mounts, etc. If you've earned an Allied Race character on another server, come level up with us!

Ohhhh that’s so tempting - but I’m afraid I’ve moved my addiction to FFXIV... for now at least.

• Like 2

True, but you have some options. First is the Heirloom gear that speeds up your leveling. Second, transfer a main character. Or three play a little to see if you like it still - with the cross-realm groups you can play with others who aren't on your server, but you can't help the guild along.

• Like 2