Font size in the story editor

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I apologize if this question has already been asked and addressed, but I'm wondering if the maximum font size within the story editor can be increased. Right now it seems 18pts. (or thereabouts) is the largest we can make text, whereas with the old system, you could go substantially larger. I'd only ever want a larger size for titles. 

Thanks for viewing my question. 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

There is a chapter title field for the chapter title and the chapter text field is for chapter text only.  There is no need for the title to be repeated in the chapter. 

As a general rule, text sizing and style should be stripped when you paste into the editor.  

As a side note, there is also a "Chapter Note" and "Chapter End Note" for author notes.  Again with these, the Chapter Text field is for Chapter Text ONLY.

Please avoid putting anything other than cleanly formatted chapter text in the chapter text field.  It's likely that it will cause issues with the chapter text controls and require you to fix in the future. 

• Like 1

I know AC likes to do a kind of Title page for his longer stories, which also includes a dedication and list of chapters. See Mojo for an example.

Perhaps you could allow Prologue chapters to be an exception to the rules about font size, and then AC could use this for his intro stuff ?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

@Timothy M. Thank you for reporting that formatting issue.  I'll have the staff work with him to correct the problem as that looks awful.

5 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

exception to the rules

And no, there is already a Story Detail (Table of Contents) page that does exactly that function.

Chapter Text is for chapter text ONLY.  People that are not following this will eventually be contacted because this is a display quality issue. 

• Like 3

@AC BenusThe title and or any images associated with a story can be incorporated into a banner. Each story's allowed to have it's own and I've used the feature instead of creating covers since the upgrade. Maybe that can help with part of what you want to do.

@Myr May not like this, but you could pre-load the entire story. Last time I did it, unpublished chapters showed up on the table of contents but with a clockface next to them to show they were scheduled to go live at a later date.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Last time I did it, unpublished chapters showed up on the table of contents but with a clockface next to them to show they were scheduled to go live at a later date.

Only the Author and Staff can see unpublished chapters.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Myr said:

@Timothy M. Thank you for reporting that formatting issue.  I'll have the staff work with him to correct the problem as that looks awful.

And no, there is already a Story Detail (Table of Contents) page that does exactly that function.

Chapter Text is for chapter text ONLY.  People that are not following this will eventually be contacted because this is a display quality issue. 

Well, it wasn't my intention to draw attention to it for that reason. :*) It's a bit of extra scrolling in the first chapter, but otherwise I don't think it looks bad. But it's a matter of taste, I guess. I would have stuck it in a prologue in order to keep the chapters the same, but I can understand you don't even want such stuff there. :( 

I hope you can find a good solution for AC. I liked @Carlos Hazday's suggestion of using  the story banner to highlight the Title, especially since it can be seen above each chapter.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Guess that was a bug that's been squashed LOL

It has, yes.

1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

story banner to highlight the Title, especially since it can be seen above each chapter.

The Story Banners are an option for the promoted authors, yes.

1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

But it's a matter of taste, I guess.

I'd say more a Publisher (Gay Authors) Standard.  Please see the topic in Writing Circle I've made about this.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Myr said:

The Story Banners are an option for the promoted authors, yes.

Uhm, for every author, right ? I've got a great one for my Clueless Camping story, which Litlover made for me, and I'm not a Promoted Author.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1