Super Bowl 52: Who do you want to win?

Super Bowl 52  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win Super Bowl 52?

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • New England Patriots
    • Neither or don't follow American Football

You all know who I will be rooting for based on my avatar, but I also feel somewhat enamored by Philadelphia Eagles. They've come so close to the prize, but just missing out by a kick last time.

To me this Super Bowl is like Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed in Rocky 2.

Tom Brady already has 5 Super Bowl wins and 7 appearances compared to Nick Foles.

On paper, Patriots should win this against the Eagles based on experience, but Tom Brady is getting older and he's not as fast as he used to be on the release. Philly's defense is no push over and won't let down their guard in the 4th quarter knowing what happens when teams do that even leading 3 scores. :P

I want the Patriots to win, but I wish the Eagles can get something out of it too.

I also suspect after this game Brady may announce his retirement and Bill Bellichick may prepare for his own retirement soon after, 6 wins means New England is equal to the Steelers as the number 1 most SB winners and the best team in the early 21st Century without equal.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Football sucks... give me Hockey any day!!!! :Steve2::Steve2:

They both have beefy hot guys with pads on staring at each other's crotches all day :P

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, TetRefine said:

I'm a Patriots fan living in the beating heart of Eagles country. If the Eagles win, I'll never hear the end of it. If they lose, people are going to hate me even more. :P 

Tet, please be careful about walking around in Patriot jerseys by yourself until after the Super Bowl. They are too many stories about Philly fans doing crazy things.

I want the Eagles to win but I'm going to be realistic. Honestly, I kind of wanted the Eagles to pull a Ravens- just missing the Super Bowl, and then going on to win it the next year. It doesn't feel worth it without Wentz. Oh, well. At the very least, people can buy NFC Champs shirts instead of having to use the ones from 2004/2005.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TetRefine said:

I'm a Patriots fan living in the beating heart of Eagles country. If the Eagles win, I'll never hear the end of it. If they lose, people are going to hate me even more. :P 

You should return back to your roots and let the philly fans be belligerent. :D

(Be careful, I've heard the reports of Eagles fans being out for blood, unless you are padded I wouldn't go out to the bars in Philly in Pats gear or if you do want to enjoy a drunk drive up to Boston and we can have a few Sam Adams, a New Englander's beer)

The Vikings' fans are rooting for the Patriots too after what happened last Sunday.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I want the Eagles to win but I'm going to be realistic.

LOL. Realism died the moment the Eagles made it this far. With Wentz out, who would have predicted that they would? :P The mere fact that they weren't favored to even get by Atlanta, let alone Minnesota, makes the fact that they're not favored to win here either, not worth all that much.

Having said that, I want to see Brady & Belichick make it #6.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, W_L said:

You should return back to your roots and let the philly fans be belligerent. :D

(Be careful, I've heard the reports of Eagles fans being out for blood, unless you are padded I wouldn't go out to the bars in Philly in Pats gear or if you do want to enjoy a drunk drive up to Boston and we can have a few Sam Adams, a New Englander's beer)

The Vikings' fans are rooting for the Patriots too after what happened last Sunday.

The reports of Philly fans have been way over exaggerated, and a few incidents have been used to paint all fans, which isn’t even close to the truth. Minnesota fans came into downtown Philly, started talking trash, covered the Rocky statue in purple and then took a giant group photo on the Art Museum. They purposely antagonized Philly fans, and then wondered why they weren’t welcomed with open arms. Sorry but that fake “Minnesota nice” crap doesn’t pass the smell test of the East Coast attitude. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of either team, but I would like to see the juggernaut add one more ring to add yet another chapter to the greatest pairing in football.  There are growing cracks in the unity that has dominated the last 18 years in New England.  Win or lose, I think there's a solid chance that there will be some change by next year.  I respect Bellichick as one of the best football minds in my lifetime and would like to see him get one more before the end.

I also have no love for Philadelphia.  Some of it may be exaggerated, but their fans have earned their place as being highly antagonistic towards others (and their own) over the years.

In the end, I have no personal investment in this one.  I hope for a good game and would generally prefer a Patriots win, but won't be bothered if that doesn't happen.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TetRefine said:

The reports of Philly fans have been way over exaggerated, and a few incidents have been used to paint all fans, which isn’t even close to the truth. Minnesota fans came into downtown Philly, started talking trash, covered the Rocky statue in purple and then took a giant group photo on the Art Museum. They purposely antagonized Philly fans, and then wondered why they weren’t welcomed with open arms. Sorry but that fake “Minnesota nice” crap doesn’t pass the smell test of the East Coast attitude. 

Well, you got to admit some of the stories are kind of funny about how belligerent Philly fans can get:

PS: Though I in no way condone animal cruelty, the guy is sort of hot in that bad boy type way :)

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, W_L said:

Well, you got to admit some of the stories are kind of funny about how belligerent Philly fans can get:

PS: Though I in no way condone animal cruelty, the guy is sort of hot in that bad boy type way :)

Agreed, but talk about a mean drunk.

• Like 2

One good thing about the Eagles winning is that the entire school district is closing Thursday for the parade, so I get the day off. It is expected to literally shut down the city. Ironically, despite living through 10 major sports championships as a Boston fan, this will be my first ever championship parade. 

• Like 2
On 2/8/2018 at 6:40 PM, TetRefine said:

Well I just got back from the parade. They estimated almost two million people lined Broad St and the Parkway for it, and I think that's a pretty damn good estimate. It was beyond packed for miles. 

I was going to take a Septa Train  from Delaware in, but those passes all sold out in like a day. Oh, well. Watched from Chelsea Tavern in Wilmington and had a good time.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I was going to take a Septa Train  from Delaware in, but those passes all sold out in like a day. Oh, well. Watched from Chelsea Tavern in Wilmington and had a good time.

Just about every train running into the city for the parade that day was already crammed to capacity after leaving the terminal station. Some people who had tickets couldn't even get on if they didn't go to the first station. It was absolutely crazy. I had friends from the suburbs come to stay with me Wednesday night for it, and some of them had to park 20-30 minute walk away from my place. I live very close to South Broad Street, and unfortunately my neighborhood got absolutely flooded with trash and people peeing in the street before/during/after the parade. All in all though it was a lot of fun.