On likes, comments and reviews

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, x Trevor x said:

Feedback is very important, it provides confidence and learning and interaction and it can really bring writers and readers together through out the experience of a story. It means so much more than just numbers, that is the least of it and I'm glad to see what that allowed me to do. Readers are a value and what they can teach you or inspire you to do makes it so important. It may be one story and one author but in a sense it's a team effort.

At some point I decided that it was important for me to not only like a chapter, but also provide some feedback in the Comments.I definitely have opinions even if some people don’t agree with them. And i get lots of feedback when they don’t agree!  ;-)

I have also been known for providing suggestions, some useful, others humorous, and still others just plain silly. I’m always suggesting that authors do crossovers between their different stories. The authors have various reactions to that: outrage, laughter, agreement, and most commonly, total confusion as to why I’d make the suggestion!

@Parker Owens included such a subtle cameo of two characters from a previous story, that I had no idea that we were supposed to realize who they were!  ;-)

With @Ronyx, I keep suggesting that earlier characters be edited in. One of his earlier stories included two characters who were student journalists. I keep suggesting that he mention their names as the reporters in his stories. But that’s almost as unlikely as his writing sequels to our favorite stories!  ;-)

@R. Eric refuses to do any more crossovers, but he does use suggestions and comments.  ;-)