What does love mean to a child???

This is what I'd imagine what most people would say when asked: What is love?

Love is when you see someone pick their nose and say 'Aww...How cute.'--Amy, 28

Love is when you hear your boyfriend fart and fart along with them. --Jacob, 24

My husband loves me because when I text him to buy milk, he says, 'I forgot the milk. But I'll give you my milk instead' and then he winks. --Gary, 32

Love is when my parner pays the bill on time before I freak out. She knows I tend to get overcompulsive. --Noemi, 29

Love is when my husband comes home from work, and he picks up chick flick movies because he knows he's not getting any. --Melissa, 42

Love is when my husband talks and his breath smells like a wet fart, but it's the kind of fart I'd gladly smell all day. --Andy, 36

Love is when he leaves you one cookie, despite telling him not to eat any of the cookies you bought. --Sam, 35

Love is when my husband pretends to have sleepovers to our friend's house whenever I'm on a business trip, because he can't sleep alone in our bed without me. --Mark, 45

Love is when my husband bakes me a cake that says 'I tolerate you.' --Andrew, 27

Love is when I hold his hand, and he pulls it back cause he's shy from the callouses in his hand from working two jobs just to keep us afloat...but I hold it anyway because his hands make me warm. --Tom, 38

Love is when you lie to yourself that he doesn't matter. And yet everything you've done in your life is for you to matter to him. And when you finally become a part of his life, it's like everything that doesn't make sense, starts to have a new meaning. --Ryan, 25

Love is when you start hating people doing PDA. But deep inside you wish them all the love in the world, that you don't have in the meantime. Doesn't mean you're hatin...you just see yourself havin' it someday.--Markeesha, 22

Love is when we argue and he gets me so mad that we're not on the same page. Cause when we say sorry to each other, we really do mean it.--Markus, 31

Love is when everyone says you're not compatible with each other...but you're the only two people in the world who knows they're wrong. --Gary, 26

Love is when you can tell him that you're lonely without him. Without him getting it over his head. Because he feels the same when you're not around. --Adrian, 21

Love is when you see your partner in his deathbed, and you tell him he forgot to put the cups in the sink. Because you know that it's the last thing he wants to hear, for him to be reminded that he's not dying. --Michael, 65

The last one was from my gay uncle. Kinda teared up a bit seeing how they were when his partner died.

• Love 2
On 30/01/2018 at 11:50 PM, Reader1810 said:

One of the best posts I have read on GA. Thanks for sharing this with us, Caz. :hug: 

On 31/01/2018 at 1:27 AM, W_L said:

Real love is found in innocence. :D

On 31/01/2018 at 2:08 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

oh Caz! thank you so much for this!

so many profound things come from kids, shame more people don't listen!

i will be saving this!

On 31/01/2018 at 5:02 AM, Ashi said:

Great for sharing.  Some of the things kids said are really inspiring.  It makes me feel sometimes I forgot the nuances of life but obsessed with the minutes.

On 31/01/2018 at 9:53 AM, Defiance19 said:

Kids are the real deal.. Don’t know why we don’t pay more attention to them. These are gems, and Bobby got it so right.. 

Thank you Caz.. 

One thing I remember from when Alisha was a Toddler was the saying 'Out of the mouth of babes' I believe this topic proves that. 

Glad you all liked this :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, LJCC said:

This is what I'd imagine what most people would say when asked: What is love?

Love is when you see someone pick their nose and say 'Aww...How cute.'--Amy, 28

Love is when you hear your boyfriend fart and fart along with them. --Jacob, 24

My husband loves me because when I text him to buy milk, he says, 'I forgot the milk. But I'll give you my milk instead' and then he winks. --Gary, 32

Love is when my parner pays the bill on time before I freak out. She knows I tend to get overcompulsive. --Noemi, 29

Love is when my husband comes home from work, and he picks up chick flick movies because he knows he's not getting any. --Melissa, 42

Love is when my husband talks and his breath smells like a wet fart, but it's the kind of fart I'd gladly smell all day. --Andy, 36

Love is when he leaves you one cookie, despite telling him not to eat any of the cookies you bought. --Sam, 35

Love is when my husband pretends to have sleepovers to our friend's house whenever I'm on a business trip, because he can't sleep alone in our bed without me. --Mark, 45

Love is when my husband bakes me a cake that says 'I tolerate you.' --Andrew, 27

Love is when I hold his hand, and he pulls it back cause he's shy from the callouses in his hand from working two jobs just to keep us afloat...but I hold it anyway because his hands make me warm. --Tom, 38

Love is when you lie to yourself that he doesn't matter. And yet everything you've done in your life is for you to matter to him. And when you finally become a part of his life, it's like everything that doesn't make sense, starts to have a new meaning. --Ryan, 25

Love is when you start hating people doing PDA. But deep inside you wish them all the love in the world, that you don't have in the meantime. Doesn't mean you're hatin...you just see yourself havin' it someday.--Markeesha, 22

Love is when we argue and he gets me so mad that we're not on the same page. Cause when we say sorry to each other, we really do mean it.--Markus, 31

Love is when everyone says you're not compatible with each other...but you're the only two people in the world who knows they're wrong. --Gary, 26

Love is when you can tell him that you're lonely without him. Without him getting it over his head. Because he feels the same when you're not around. --Adrian, 21

Love is when you see your partner in his deathbed, and you tell him he forgot to put the cups in the sink. Because you know that it's the last thing he wants to hear, for him to be reminded that he's not dying. --Michael, 65

The last one was from my gay uncle. Kinda teared up a bit seeing how they were when his partner died.

I really like this :heart: Thanks for sharing :hug: 

• Love 1
  • 8 months later...

When I was a child, love to me meant safety: Feeling protected from all harm and being comfortable in my surroundings. When I was around people who I love, I felt like I was in a safe space where I could be myself. Nowadays,  I still feel the same way. 

Your post is very lovely, thank you kindly for sharing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2018 at 8:44 PM, Caz Pedroso said:

'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' ~ Billy - age 4 

'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross.' ~ Mark - age 6 

Billy's is especially beautiful. And Mark knows where it's at, that's definitely love.

• Like 1