This is a general forum for discussion of anything in the series. Fan theories welcome!

I'm tagging everyone who has commented on the story so far, but please feel free to participate no matter if you've commented before or not!

@drpaladin @Sweetlion @Hellsheild @BlindAmbition @Wesley8890 @Stephen @deville @Puppilull @Buz @tor200534 @Lux Apollo @JeffreyL

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

Funny you should post this. I’ve been rereading chapters for missed clues.

If you'd like to ask anything here, too, I'd be willing to address anything which won't be a spoiler. :)

But I'm really hoping the discussion will mainly be between the readers, and I only interject when necessary. Not because I don't want to talk about it, but I think the reader theories will be more fun and build the intrigue even more. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hellsheild said:

Yes comparing you to Shakespeare was a compliment. 

Yay! Then I'll mark it as one of my greatest compliments of all time, and sincerely thank you. :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cynus said:

If you'd like to ask anything here, too, I'd be willing to address anything which won't be a spoiler. :)

But I'm really hoping the discussion will mainly be between the readers, and I only interject when necessary. Not because I don't want to talk about it, but I think the reader theories will be more fun and build the intrigue even more. :)

I agree! The differing theories are thought provoking, and fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, I'll ask you guys a question, because I'm curious what you think. Do you feel either of Styx' parents have been introduced, or not yet? If you do, who do you think they are? :)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
29 minutes ago, Cynus said:

Well, I'll ask you guys a question, because I'm curious what you think. Do you feel either of Styx' parents have been introduced, or not yet? If you do, who do you think they are? :)

Funny you say that. I considered Dogo.

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Wesley8890 said:

I was tho ink ng it would be funny if Dogo was his father. I think it would be devastating if it were Kudos

Welcome, Wesley. :) Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

I also love how you named a character after one of the wait for it..... Rivers of the Dead

And about two years before I wrote that book! For anyone who has read Shadow Honor but hasn't read the other story, this is what he's referencing:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh! Here's a cool question! But I should probably save it after the next chapter posts.... nah, I could always ask it again.

Of the characters currently in the story, who is your favorite? Who do you want to know more about (I'm pretty certain you get to know more about all of them)?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Cynus said:

Oh! Here's a cool question! But I should probably save it after the next chapter posts.... nah, I could always ask it again.

Of the characters currently in the story, who is your favorite? Who do you want to know more about (I'm pretty certain you get to know more about all of them)?

I’m interested in Dogo and Prism.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cynus said:

My favorites are Styx, underdog and the poor Romeo though I think there's more to him, and Grim, I'm usually a healer class in most games I've played. And I'm going to continue saying Romeo and Juliet because at some point one of them will fear the safety of the others life, and I'm waiting for false death at a future point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hellsheild said:

My favorites are Styx, underdog and the poor Romeo though I think there's more to him, and Grim, I'm usually a healer class in most games I've played. And I'm going to continue saying Romeo and Juliet because at some point one of them will fear the safety of the others life, and I'm waiting for false death at a future point.

I've been known to use false death before (and plenty of real death before, too), so it's worth looking for.

Note: Grim is my favorite character in the entire series, and he was created on a whim. When I wrote the scene where Styx enters the gladiators' cell, I needed another character to serve as a buffer of sorts to Kutos. Thus, Grim was born. I had to figure out how to write him into the rest of the story, and I think you'll like his journey.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Cynus said:

I'm curious about Fasha. Loyal but lethal. What's behind his decision to bind himself to Salidar? Other than the obvious advantage of being close to the king? 

Btw, Fasha is sort of slang for dad in Swedish (spelled farsa but pronounce roughly the same way);) I doubt he's the father of Styx, though. Seems more corporal than cerebral at a first glance. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

No, I don't think (or rather I hope) his Parents have been introduced yet. If I had to choose a current character, I would choose Salidar. It has to be someone of some import . At first I thought it would be someone from Pentalus but then he has the tattoo which is a Shade thing. Especially considering Styx has intimated he has more than one tattoo. Maybe Salidar felt some parental something and wanted to give his Son the best chance at survival so got him tattooed up? Plus there is the 'connection' that Styx and Max feel? Maybe it is not a 'mate' type connection.

OMG! It is Salidar. His Mother is the 'regal' human. There is no mention of a Queen of The Shade but maybe Max's Mother found out, got pissed and that is why she is in The Pits. Salidar, with that ounce of compassion he has, could not kill his child so abandoned him...but with the tattoos.

Okay, what do I get for guessing right? Do I get first dibs every time you finish a chapter before posting it? :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

In regards to who I want to know more about:

a. the regal Human woman in the cell. I'm sticking to my 'she's his Mother' until it turn out otherwise

b. whoever it is that Grim told Prism about when they met in the Arena, as in 'he's here'. Why does that mean Prism should leave ASAP? At first I would have thought they mean Fasha, but he and Prism have already met?

As far as favourites:

c. Grim. A Healer will win me over every time. Plus he seems nice so far.

d. Styx. I know they all have their own stories to tell, but I am looking forward to his a lot. Plus I love the tattoo we know about (who doesn't want to fly, or glide?) and can't wait to see what the others are 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

I'm curious about Fasha. Loyal but lethal. What's behind his decision to bind himself to Salidar? Other than the obvious advantage of being close to the king? 

Btw, Fasha is sort of slang for dad in Swedish (spelled farsa but pronounce roughly the same way);) I doubt he's the father of Styx, though. Seems more corporal than cerebral at a first glance. 

I did not know that, but I think that's amazing! I really hope that I remember this come the end of the series, because there is SOMETHING funny about that connection with Fasha/Farsa, though I'm not saying it has anything to do with him being anyone's dad. ;)

4 minutes ago, Buz said:

No, I don't think (or rather I hope) his Parents have been introduced yet. If I had to choose a current character, I would choose Salidar. It has to be someone of some import . At first I thought it would be someone from Pentalus but then he has the tattoo which is a Shade thing. Especially considering Styx has intimated he has more than one tattoo. Maybe Salidar felt some parental something and wanted to give his Son the best chance at survival so got him tattooed up? Plus there is the 'connection' that Styx and Max feel? Maybe it is not a 'mate' type connection.

OMG! It is Salidar. His Mother is the 'regal' human. There is no mention of a Queen of The Shade but maybe Max's Mother found out, got pissed and that is why she is in The Pits. Salidar, with that ounce of compassion he has, could not kill his child so abandoned him...but with the tattoos.

Okay, what do I get for guessing right? Do I get first dibs every time you finish a chapter before posting it? :D

Hah! Well, as with all the others, of course I can't confirm anything until there's a reveal in the chapters themselves. However, I CAN confirm that Salidar is SOMEONE'S Father. :P

There is a way to get advance chapter readings. I just can't advertise it on GA. If that's something you'd actually like to hear more about (literally only saying something because it came up), feel free to either PM me or email me. L)

I love all the thoughts about the tattoos, too! The whole initial idea for the story came from a desire to make a character who could "fly" by means of a magical tattoo. The rest just fell in place from there. The characters mostly popped out of nowhere, heh.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Buz said:

That would mean incest for Styx and Max.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1