California school district discriminates against gender fluid athlete

California has some of the strongest protections for LGBTQ people and athletes, and yet that hasn't been enough to protect a 12 year old gender-fluid athlete. Junior White was born male and identifies as gender-fluid. The superintendent of the school district has decreed that Junior can only play on co-ed or girls teams because they have started to identify as gender-fluid and more female. 

Let's be clear. This is a violation of Junior's civil rights, not to mention California state law.

https://www.outsports.com/2018/2/8/16989304/junior-white-trans-athlete-football-basketball

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

I have no doubt that this district will lose. In past administrations federal funding could be pulled. Won’t happen now.

I also feel this type of case should have personal liability to principal and superintendent. Would make people think twice before violating someone’s rights.

• Like 1

It's just very aggravating. There's no reason for this. Junior does not want to play in women's sports, so it's not like they want to use their predisposition for increased testosterone to give themselves a performance advantage. They want to play in the same men's sports they've been playing in this whole time, so there's absolutely no rationale for this at all. It's just like last year with Mack Beggs. He was born female and wanted to wrestle with the men after he started gender transitioning, and he's still being barred from men's competition.

Drives me insane.

3 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm refraining from voicing my opinion, as this topic is not in The Pit, and I removed myself from that cesspool.

Don't look at me, I exiled myself because there's no Canadian content, and I didn't wanna have topics that only interested me and Steve :P

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Don't look at me, I exiled myself because there's no Canadian content, and I didn't wanna have topics that only interested me and Steve :P

My enjoyment of GA went up immensely after I left The Pit.

On this topic. After reading CA law first hand, and the arguments in the story. Gender-FLUID is not covered under California Law, in regards to High School sports. From what I read from the CA State Websites. Junior is making an attempt to identify as a female and was granted that right. Which includes, playing on Co-Ed and Female only sports. While I commend Junior for not wanting to take advantage of women's sports, having a high natural testosterone level. Under the law, Fluid is not covered, and Junior identifies as female and therefore is subject to those standards.