Adding to favourites

Go to solution Solved by Timothy M.,

41 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

You can follow a story, by using the button in the top righthand corner of the individual story page. 

thank you for your speedy response, but the stories I follow (and mark as such) do not automatically turn up as those on my profile under favourites.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, mayday said:

thank you for your speedy response, but the stories I follow (and mark as such) do not automatically turn up as those on my profile under favourites.

I think there are some software problems with favorite stories, which the admins are working hard to resolve. Have you tried liking the story as well as follow ?

• Like 2
Just now, Timothy M. said:

I think there are some software problems with favorite stories, which the admins are working hard to resolve. Have you tried liking the story as well as follow ?

Yes, I have.

I know that I added my favourites somehow and quite some time ago but cannot remember how.

Actually I think I have tried everything I could think of. But if there is some software problem I can easily wait until it is solved.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 3
  • Solution

Here is what Myr said recently in one of the Tech Tuesday blogs.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:30 PM, Myr said:

There are some aspects of Stories that were not meant to be as they are.  Only the glacially slow pace of our programmer has left us in this position.  We have been working on making some changes to address the Favorite Story and (not working) Favorite Author issues.  I'll do a Tech Blog on it when we've got it working.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mayday said:

Actually I think I have tried everything I could think of. But if there is some software problem I can easily wait until it is solved.

Thanks a lot.

If you want to manage your Favorite stories, that's done in your profile under Manage Followed Content. But I'm not sure it will solve the question you're asking.

Oh, never mind, I can see you know about that. Have you tried logging out and back in? Or waiting a day, since some things may need a nightly site update to progress.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Theoretically, you go to this link,

https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/

click the 'Add Story' tab, a popup window opens with a select bar where you select your story/stories to add to your favorites.

Since the feature is having software issues, you will have to make do with looking at your followed content in your profile.

Are you talking about the dark blue Add Story button next to the My Stories button ? Isn't that for uploading a new story ? Or is there a tab I'm not seeing ?

I'm on a laptop in Google Chrome, standard format (not fluid)

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Are you talking about the dark blue Add Story button next to the My Stories button ? Isn't that for uploading a new story ? Or is there a tab I'm not seeing ?

I'm on a laptop in Google Chrome, standard format (not fluid)

LOL  You're right. Honestly, it has been so long since I added favorites I forgot how it was done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, mayday said:

Sorry I couldn't be of help, I'd forgotten about the parts still waiting to be fixed/updated. 

Edited by Caz Pedroso
  • Like 4