Author header on story list

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

All authors have a list of stories, which can be accessed by clicking the Stories tab on their profile, or for their own list by hitting the blue My stories button.

Here's mine as an example https://www.gayauthors.org/author/timothy-m/

At the top of the list there is a header showing how many stories they have written, how many comments and words those stories have. Except the header says Reviews, not comments, which I never noticed until now.

Would it be possible to have both number of story / chapter comments and number of story reviews shown ? It's not urgent of course, and sorry if I missed an earlier topic on this.

• Like 1

@Timothy M. as a reader, the quickest way I have found to access a particular Author's stories, is to go to the Authors tab, then select "All Authors" (unless I know a particular Authors is a Classic or Signature or Promising Author) and click the appropriate listing.  Then I remember that the Authors are listed in Alphanumeric order, and try to guess where the particular Author is in the 66 or so pages of Author names.  Works well for me.

If the Author has posted in the last few 8 or so postings, you can just click on the Author's name in the stories listing and shortcut from there.  

Tim, I agree with you on the following:  "Would it be possible to have both number of story / chapter comments and number of story reviews shown ? It's not urgent of course, and sorry if I missed an earlier topic on this."

Chapter comments do seem to count as reviews for numeric tabulation of a story.  That is mildly confusing to me. @Myr Is there a way of separating actual Reviews and chapter comments I'm missing?

Edited by ReaderPaul
correct spelling error
  • Like 2

@ReaderPaul  thanks, but it's not that I have trouble finding the story lists. I normally just click on the author name or the profile picture of those who are active in the forums. My intro was simply meant to set the scene for the real question. I obviously failed. :lol: 

I also know why the comment count says Reviews. That's because before the big update to the current software review was the name for comments on chapters and stories.  There was no such thing as a Review of Complete Story. If you look at replies to older comments, you'll see authors say Thank you for the review.

For some reason the name wasn't changed from Reviews to Comments in the story list header after the update. This could simply be an oversight, but it could also be due to a technical challenge which Myr, A.J. and the programmer hasn't solved yet. We'll have to wait for them to enlighten us. :yes: 

I'm glad you support the idea of having both comment and review number shown. Hopefully, it will be possible, but if not Comment count is fine.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

@ReaderPaul  This video should help you with your author searching.

@Timothy M. The Review/Comments error is fixed in the upcoming story software update.  We are reviewing the code now for issues.

Current:

image.png

Updated: (this is the test server, no numbers are different)

image.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Myr said:

@Timothy M. The Review/Comments error is fixed in the upcoming story software update.  We are reviewing the code now for issues.

Updated: (this is the test server, so numbers are different)

image.png

Thanks, Myr. It looks great - particularly with the spooky banner at the top. I'm so envious. ;)  I should have known you were on top of the matter.

• Like 1