1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

That was a rather sad chapter to start with. I hope things get better for Geoff. Tony will be so upset. :( 

Yes, but that was where one whole strand of the first book was leading. It sets the second book up, giving it a good launch. WIll things get better? I don't think I'm giving anything away to say Tony and Geoff's relationship deepens. Perhaps because of the upset? Take heart, Tim. It's not suddenly going to turn into an angst-ridden, tear fest.  ;)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The next episode of Tony and Geoff's new adventures will post tomorrow. The fallout, some of it unexpected.  Just finishing up chapter 5 which is going to be something over 4k words long.  😲  @Parker Owens objected strongly (with good reason) to where I'd finished the chapter originally, so he (and you) will be getting the full works. ;) And the 4k+ is after thinning it down, following @Carlos Hazday's strictures (or trying to).  :lol:  My writing's not going to change overnight, Carlos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now I'm scared. Strictures? I'm innocent!

I've started to highlight phrases in my work during self revie and leaving a comment for my editor asking: Keep or delete? Almost every one comes back with a one word response: delete. You have any idea how tough it is to know where to draw the line? I'm working on a scene describing how a wine cellar will be created in someone's house. I have enough detail to fill pages and need to narrow it down to just enough to paint a good picture but not turn it in work orders for the workers.

Same with emotions and actions. Most of the time less is more. The fancy words and flights of fancy are okay in small doses, but repeating the same thing over an over is boring.

Most of us can get quite verbose and it's taken me a while to realize cleaner more direct sentences can convey our thoughts better. I hope what I did for you has helped.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I hope what I did for you has helped.

I appreciate it a lot. I haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet (work etc), but I got the general sense.  ;)  Parker has his instructions (or will have shortly).  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow's episode may be a little late in appearing - I'm on the road again. Should be early evening. The day after Geoff's meeting with his mother brings its own surprises ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You’re Willie Nelson?  ;–)

🎶

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies, we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way

Is on the road again

On the road again
Like a band of gypsies, we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way

Is on the road again

🎶

11 minutes ago, northie said:

Here's the sort of Edwardian bandstand the pair might have seen in the park. From my home town.

Definitely not ADA compliant. Those walls are too low to be helpful for most adults when climbing the stairs. And the stairway looks too narrow as well. The Edwardians certainly weren’t overly concerned with the disabled…  ;–)

And not much good for those trying to play music either.The roof might keep the rain off (if it came down vertically) but it certainly didn't keep out the wind. Impractical  would be the word, I think.  :lol:

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, northie said:

And not much good for those trying to play music either.The roof might keep the rain off (if it came down vertically) but it certainly didn't keep out the wind. Impractical  would be the word, I think.  :lol:

There are many shelters at bus stops that appear to be designed by people who have never used either. They might have a roof, but the designers neglect to account for the sun setting or the combination of wind and rain. They seem to be pretty decorations intended to increase pedestrians and transit users by people who have never stepped out of their SUVs.  ;–)

I’ve also seen a large LCD display set in the middle of a transit plaza. I’m not sure what it shows because there’s too much glare for it to be visible. The location is not safe at night because it’s kind of isolated with buses only arriving occasionally after dark, so I avoid the station and use a much busier one and pay to ride a bus instead of walking home from the dangerous one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, northie said:

So ... Geoff's going to come face to face with his mother again.  :pinch:  Hmm ...  :huh:  Tomorrow's episode will be the last until the New Year.  :) 

So the Like reaction is a compromise. Love that we’re getting a new chapter, Sad that we’ll have to wait for more, and Angry that Geoff has to deal with his incubator again! Very mixed emotions.  ;–)

38 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Sad that we’ll have to wait for more

I'm only going to be 'missing' one slot. T&G is written almost episode to episode. So ... I need to rebuild my buffer of 2-3 episodes, spend more time on Eric, and ... that little thing called  Christmas.  🎅  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1