Why do need billing info to become an author?

Go to solution Solved by Graeme,

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

You won't be billed as author membership is free, but we're using the "store" feature of the forum software to "sell" author membership, and that's why it asks for information that in this context is unnecessary. 

• Like 2
On 3/18/2018 at 9:45 PM, Graeme said:

You won't be billed as author membership is free, but we're using the "store" feature of the forum software to "sell" author membership, and that's why it asks for information that in this context is unnecessary. 

Okay, just wondering...thanks...

• Like 1

FYI  The site has over the course of several years had a couple of authors who submitted stories plagiarized from other sites.  The Admins have been good at tracking this down and taking down the stories and banning the perps.  I suppose having billing addresses may also be a security feature to assist in cases like that.   Likewise, some stories from GA have been plagiarized and posted to other sites.  The site has provided assistance in those cases as well.  So having your bona fides is a good idea. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
12 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Now, I have another question...I wrote my first chapter, but I want to know how to do my next chapter...Thank you...

These sorts of questions are best addressed in separate help requests so that it's clear you're asking separate questions so they aren't missed and you don't receive answers, or sent to me via PM since I am the staff member who oversees the Stories area, or by you reading the FAQ topics for authors which has the answers already lined out. You also asked this question yesterday in a comment on a blog about a completely different subject, and it was answered with a link to the faq as well. The Stories system faq has a list of topics which is topped by #1: How do I post a story? and #2: How do I add a chapter to an existing story? which has all the information authors need. 

However, as you have not posted your first story per the site's posting guidelines and need to make changes to it before you add any chapters, I have put your story into the moderation queue and will be sending you a PM with a list of fixes you need to make and how to do them so you can hopefully get on track and learn how to post stories as an author on GA

• Like 5