Gotta give credit where credit is due. Y'all can thank @MacGreg Sir for this idea. He suggested doing a short story based on the Sci-Fi one I want to do. My original idea based off of his was journal entries, and then having my actual Sci-Fi story MC being a descendant of the main character for the "short". Plans are great to have, but when I sat down to start on it, this is what came to me. The story currently sits at about 2,600 words and most likely will end up being a novella.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Mann Ramblings said:

I love knowing what comes next! :D (I miss the dancing smiley emote - it was far more taunting lol)

You could use these: :evil:  :whistle: 

I'm looking forward to the story, Renee. :yes: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You're such a tease...

I could help you get back at @Mann Ramblingsbut he's holding a chapter of mine hostage and I have to play nice.

edit

Back to writing, Mountain Lady. I'm looking forward to reading the story.

Me? A tease? Never! lol

I probably oughta play nice with @Mann Ramblings too, since he's the only one who's read what I have so far of this story, lol.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

you certainly know how to capture your reader's attention! This is a great sneak peek, renee. Keep it going, and I look forward to reading more.

Thank you, Sir! And thank You for the suggestion that jump started this idea! i've got a few ideas for this story, and i think the first chapter is finished. i think i'll wait until i've got the whole thing at least written before i start posting so that there won't be any delays.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Renee Stevens said:

LOL! Yep. Might even have a second one anyway. Someone to do a first go over, and Mann could be the beta/editor for a final before posting....

I’ve been doing this for a while now with @Carlos Hazday so I think I’ve got the hang of it. Right, Carlos? 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’ve been doing this for a while now with @Carlos Hazday so I think I’ve got the hang of it. Right, Carlos? 

If you want to give it a try, I can send you the first chapter to see how we work together :)  Then you can join Mann in taunting people, lol.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Renee Stevens said:

If you want to give it a try, I can send you the first chapter to see how we work together :)  Then you can join Mann in taunting people, lol.

Sounds good to me. As for the taunting? I’ll leave that to Mann. :P 

• Like 3