• 3 years later...
On 4/7/2018 at 6:46 AM, Renee Stevens said:

Just a short little snippet to what will hopefully be the Prequel novella for the Sci-Fi story I want to write....

“Day?”

Dayton looked up from his seat at the kitchen table. “Yeah?” He stood when Colin looked like he was going to fall over and helped his husband to a chair. “You okay?”

He was  surprised to see Colin up and about. For the last week, Colin had been sick and all but quarantined himself in their bedroom. The only time Dayton had even seen his husband was when he took him meals, and even then, Colin made him leave immediately. Dayton understood. Colin didn’t want him getting sick, or passing on whatever he had to their daughter. As much as he understood, Dayton’s back missed their bed, and Dayton missed his husband.

“I don’t think so.” Colin didn’t look it either. His face was pale, his skin sweaty, and even his voice lacked life. “I think we should take me to the medical center to get scanned.”

“No.” Dayton refused to believe that Colin could be infected. “It’s just a cold. You’ll be better in a few days.”

Colin shook his head. “It’s been a week, Day. And instead of feeling better, I’m getting worse.” Colin reached out and took one of Dayton’s hands in his cold clammy one. “We have to know. I can’t risk you or Sheena getting infected. You know I’m right.”

Get attention with a digital sign for your business
Dayton did, but that didn’t mean he had to like it. If Colin was infected, that was it. He’d lose his husband as soon as he walked through the scanners.

Infected with what? I’m sold. Bring it on! 🤗