Avengers: Infinity War [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Let's talk about the recent movie, not really sure where to post this but I just want to vent out and discuss away! I need the thoughts of the people here. I highly value opinions from creative minions of prose and poetry. So, your thoughts? :2thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I like how they gave Thanos justification for his actions. He's not a pure evil villian. Indeed, in his eyes what he's doing is heroic and noble, because no one else has the willpower to do what he sees as necessary.

But I didn't like the movie, overall. Firstly, it visually excellent, but it lacked a reasonable story line. It was largely a lot of little scenes all bundled together. Yes, they had a common theme, but they didn't blend well (and neither did all the humorous dialogue -- too often I felt it was inappropriate to have humour at that point in the story). I especially didn't like the ending, because the only way I can things going forward is to do a reset of some sort (probably via the Time stone) and that's a real copout if they do that. I may be pleasantly surprised and there's another resolution, but I'm not happy with the way the MCU is heading with this movie.

I adored the move. It left me with my jaw dropped and craving more. I am however a comic book fan boy. 

I love how fluid the characters flowed in and their interactions with one another. I also love that Marvel wasn't afraid to get dark with it. I'm going to put my next few sentences in a spoiler box just in case. 

Spoiler

I love how the movie kicks off with Loki's death. It set a good tone for what was about to happen. I was constantly on the edge of my seat, and when Thanos stabbed Tony the whole theater went awkwardly quiet. There was a lot of tension and drama that came from watching the 19? movies before this one, and it was evident when I was watching it. My only true complaint was Gammorah's death. She seemed a little too oblivious to the fact that she is the only one Thanos could care about (then again she viewed him as a monster, so maybe she truly believed he hated everyone).  Also, bonus points for getting Red Skull in the movie without forcing it. 

And the ending! I loved how Thor comes in and gives everyone false hope. When I saw Thanos wounded I thought for sure the war would turn the other way, and the story would take a twist. But then Thanos had that perfect line of "Should've aimed for the head" and the snap of his fingers. All that foreshadowing about him being able to end everything with the snap of his fingers, and yet it still left my breathless. When Black Panther faded I couldn't believe my eyes, and then of course Tom Holland (Spiderman) with the perfect improvised lines that nearly made me cry. 

I also loves the overarching theme of "We don't trade a life for a life". It's Marvel Superhero's at their best, and works so well. I stared to rant so I'll cut myself off here, but I loved this movie. 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:35 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I can see Thanos' pov and actually agree with some of it

Fully agree and one of my favorite parts. He wasn't just some monster trying to control everything. He has good intentions, just went about it the wrong way. I also love how they gave us his backstory on Titan. It was a short overview that did the job.

• Like 1

Gamora rarely sees the good in people. I was crying during spideys last scene. The Russo brothers said that aunt May survived the snap. it's also said that the snap had an affect on Hawkeye. Others who disappeared were Betty Ross, Lady Sif, and the asgardian guy that played Loki in the play.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

it's also said that the snap had an affect on Hawkeye. ay.

One of my friends brought this up a few days ago and it got us all excited. Perhaps his wife or one of his kids vanished. I really want to see them take the Ronin route with him.

Oh! Also, apparently Groot said "Dad" to rocket as he vanished, which if I knew at the time would absolutely have made me cry like a baby.

18 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

My mother was watching with me and when thanos stabbed Iron man she cried. Also the actor who played quicksilver was spotted in the set of avengers s 4

I don't blame her, I was scared shitless! It was such an intense scene. I wonder how they're going to work quicksilver in. Perhaps Thanos uses the reality stone to make Scarlett Witch think she's seeing him? Or perhaps he somehow comes back to life? There are so many different things that can happen. 

1 minute ago, Aceinthehole said:

I don't blame her, I was scared shitless! It was such an intense scene. I wonder how they're going to work quicksilver in. Perhaps Thanos uses the reality stone to make Scarlett Witch think she's seeing him? Or perhaps he somehow comes back to life? There are so many different things that can happen. 

But aren't the stones useless now. It's said time travel using tonys BARF technology will be used. Also after captain marvel we are going to get the Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel!!!!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

But aren't the stones useless now. It's said time travel using tonys BARF technology will be used. Also after captain marvel we are going to get the Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel!!!!

I honestly have no idea if they're useless or not. It would make a lot of sense if they were, so I def think you're right. The tech would be a really cool idea, and would explain why Strange was so okay with giving up the time stone. 

I'm so excited for Captain Marvel. She's such a badass, and it'll be good to see another kickass woman joining superhero movies. 

Just now, Aceinthehole said:

I honestly have no idea if they're useless or not. It would make a lot of sense if they were, so I def think you're right. The tech would be a really cool idea, and would explain why Strange was so okay with giving up the time stone. 

I'm so excited for Captain Marvel. She's such a badass, and it'll be good to see another kickass woman joining superhero movies. 

I know and Black widow is getting her own movie!!!!

17 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I know and Black widow is getting her own movie!!!!

Is she really? That's awesome. I really love that type of character. Something about spies has always just been really interesting to me. 

Just now, Aceinthehole said:

Is she really? That's awesome. I really love that type of character. Something about spies has always just been really interesting to me. 

Same here, it would be awesome if we could see what happened in Budapest.