New God of War anyone?

Anyone else here play through it?

I hadn't played any of the first three games but decided to give this reboot  a try. It absolutely left me breathless. It can get a little bit too hack and slasher at times, but overall it's stunning. The graphics and creatures you fight are incredible.

If you're considering getting it I strongly recommend it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator

This is one of the games that have motivated me to put PS4 (Pro) on my buy list.  There are a handful of really good single player games on PS4 and Switch that have me looking outside my Xbox and PC.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

You should totally play the other three. I'm planning on getting the new one this month. I love kratos!!!

I'm definitely looking into it. Krados is such a satisfying character to mess around with. It's so crazy the way he tears through all these creatures with no second thought. Let me know what you think when you play it, it's so awesome! 

50 minutes ago, Myr said:

This is one of the games that have motivated me to put PS4 (Pro) on my buy list.  There are a handful of really good single player games on PS4 and Switch that have me looking outside my Xbox and PC.

As someone with both I definitely recommend exploring the idea. It's hard because the list of games is kind of small, but the ones that are out are very worth it. For example Legend of Zelda: BoTW has so much for me to do that it was worth the money spent. I've logged so much time on it and I'm still finding new things I can do.

GoW 4 is quickly falling into the same category. I've beaten the main story and a number of side-quests but still find myself having fun in it.  

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Aceinthehole said:

Legend of Zelda: BoTW

This and Mario have me looking. I figured a couple other things would pop up.

I'm really liking the look of Detroit: Become Human.  Those more narrative games are good for relaxing at times.  The only thing stopping me from going out right now is that I don't have time to play anyway. lol.  So, I'll wait until a big sale comes along and snag something.

51 minutes ago, Myr said:

This and Mario have me looking. I figured a couple other things would pop up.

I'm really liking the look of Detroit: Become Human.  Those more narrative games are good for relaxing at times.  The only thing stopping me from going out right now is that I don't have time to play anyway. lol.  So, I'll wait until a big sale comes along and snag something.

Mario is really great. They throw in a lot of nostalgia from the early games while still adding new things to it. Plus they made sure to add tough stars for the older gamers. 

I played the demo for Detroit: Becoming Human and it was really cool. Probably a game I'll pick up in a few months. It seems to have the right combination of thriller and for lack of a better word, puzzle. 

You'll have to let me know when you wind up getting them. I'd love to hear other people's takes on it. 

• Like 1

For the past two console generations I've gone the X-box route, and I will say that the original God of War nearly made me buy a PS2 back in the day.  So anyway, when I decided to get a PS4 this generation, I based that purchase solely on the exclusive content and I have been very pleased with the purchase the last three years.  That all being said, I knew as soon as I saw the trailer in 2016 that I would be playing this game, and it's been absolutely fantastic.  Probably my favorite game on the console thus far.  The story, the combat, the exploration, the graphics are all top notch.