Would You Have a Bromance Though No Sex Will Ever Be Involved?

Would You Have a Bromance Though No Sex Will Ever Be Involved?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Bromance is defined as two men having unusual amount of male bonding, but rarely below the waist. Would you, as a gay man, be willing to have a bromance with someone (gay or straight or any sexual orientation)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2018 at 05:00 AM

Been there. Done that. Wear the scars.

They get to walk away when it's over and have a merry old life.

If you are gay, you don't.

You wasted your time and energy on someone that is only capable of taking, not giving.

I'm not saying you are crazy if you do this but... insanity is often defined as repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, jamessavik said:

You wasted your time and energy on someone that is only capable of taking, not giving.

I'm not saying you are crazy if you do this but... insanity is often defined as repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

Nailed it.... I clicked on this post cuz I was so horrified! Why would you let yourself get close to someone if romance/physically touching/sex is off the table! 

Idk, I don't like teasing myself. I'm just surprised so many gay men said they would willingly enter into 'bromances'. 

Not that anyone was asking me, but as a girl, I've always found myself having feelings for my close girl-friends (I've never really had boy-friends... it just didn't happen.) If I spend enough time around someone, I start to get used to them and start to like their quirks... I start falling hard and fast. It's pretty sad. Now I hang out with my husband all day and night... and after 5 years together, I still feel like a blushing virgin sometimes I'm so into him...

But I still have mad crushes on my girl-friends :wub:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mastershakeme said:

I'm just surprised so many gay men said they would willingly enter into 'bromances'

In my experience, the ones I was in, it was less willing, and more it snuck up and smacked me across the head. "It's all fun and games until someone catches the feels." And that someone was usually me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

In my experience, the ones I was in, it was less willing, and more it snuck up and smacked me across the head. "It's all fun and games until someone catches the feels." And that someone was usually me.

did you ever get hurt? it seems like you played it cool and moved on. unaffected. I hate that... when someone affects me and they walk away like I'm nothing...

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, mastershakeme said:

did you ever get hurt? it seems like you played it cool and moved on. unaffected. I hate that... when someone affects me and they walk away like I'm nothing...

Both got hurt and walked away unaffected. It depended on the guy. Overall, like James said, it sucks... majorly.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Both got hurt and walked away unaffected. It depended on the guy. Overall, like James said, it sucks... majorly.

Unfortunately, now that I think of it, most of my stories are about guys stuck in your situation, cute and sexy bromances :P In my fictional world though, the other party eventually reciprocates... I could never write about unrequited love. 

But we're talking real life here... so yea... you live and you learn I guess 

now I'm just imagining hot guys playing around in the shower!!!! So that's what you guys are doing in there! Playing around!!!!! Bad boys 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, mastershakeme said:

now I'm just imagining hot guys playing around in the shower!!!! So that's what you guys are doing in there! Playing around!!!!! Bad boys

A little more than that, but nothing I will say publicly. You know that Google censorship in public spaces, and that euro-trash GDPR.

Edited by BHopper2
My spelling sucks today.
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

A little more than that, but nothing I will say publicly. You know that Google censorship in public spaces, and that euro-trash GDPR.

I think... I know what you mean 

Zipping my silly little lips :X

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, mastershakeme said:

Unfortunately, now that I think of it, most of my stories are about guys stuck in your situation, cute and sexy bromances :P In my fictional world though, the other party eventually reciprocates... I could never write about unrequited love. 

But we're talking real life here... so yea... you live and you learn I guess 

And I am the adventurous one for french kissing my boyfriend in public  :lmao:

Real life is not a storybook romance, @jamessavik is right but there's more to it. When you become close to someone in a bromance, if there is reciprocation, the two parties might not feel the same way with each other.

Gay/Straight are just labels we attach to one another, when some guys get hot and intense with one another, the gender question is the least important concern. The expectation of "finally I have him" after a long bromance of unrequited love is met with the cold reality of a One night stand. Afterwards, the friendship is soured and will never recover to a point prior to the event. There's nothing wrong with being in a bromance, but if you are hoping for fulfillment from it and get it, life doesn't always follow our stories.

Sometimes getting your cake is not as fun as people imagine.

I think unrequited love is a magical feeling as much as "true love" with a soulmate. The dream of love keeps the person motivated and the desire for a "chance" makes/gives motivation. It's something I probably will explore in my stories as I start to write again. Love is selfish and selfless paradox

Edited by W_L
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, W_L said:

Real life is not a storybook romance, @jamessavik is right but there's more to it. When you become close to someone in a bromance, if there is reciprocation, the two parties might not feel the same way with each other.

Gay/Straight are just labels we attach to one another, when some guys get hot and intense with one another, the gender question is the least important concern. The expectation of "finally I have him" after a long bromance of unrequited love is met with the cold reality of a One night stand. Afterwards, the friendship is soured and will never recover to a point prior to the event. There's nothing wrong with being in a bromance, but if you are hoping for fulfillment from it and get it, life doesn't always follow our stories.

I think unrequited love is a magical feeling as much as "true love" with a soulmate. The dream of love keeps the person motivated and the desire for a "chance" makes/gives motivation. It's something I probably will explore in my stories as I start to write again. Love is selfish and selfless paradox

That's a hella interesting perspective on love... And you just disproved everything I just thought I knew!!! 

They way you put it... unrequited love actually sounds powerful and almost sweet in a way... Shit, maybe I should look into that emotion some more. I love powerful emotions. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, jamessavik said:

I am not sure if your post is answering the title of the post or toward a particular response.  Anyways, though I mentioned in my own response that I wouldn't enter into a bromance (after the poll has been closed, for neutrality reason obviously), but I still would like to know why or why not people enter it.  It is always nice to know different sides of the story, as the world is diverse and beautiful in that manner.  I partially agree your last statement, but I believe the more facets of life I know, the more likely I could improve my handling in a more graceful way.

Anyways, from what I heard so far, I think (maybe incorrectly) that the people who would enter a bromance though no sexual relationship would ever come out of it are the ones who can keep sex and love separate fairly well.  I also can keep sex and love pretty separate.  I have to admit though, once I know someone long enough, love will develop, despite there was no infatuation initially.  And once love sparks, sexual desire might just heat up naturally, despite it may be inconvenient to one or both sides.

Straight people can be very interesting, too.  You gotta admit that.  And that's where the frustration starts, isn't it?  "Why can't they be gay, so we can be ever happy after?"  But that would be selfish, and amusing as, "why all the handsome guys are gay," or "why all the good ones are married...?"  Since I don't know the answer, and like many things in life, there isn't one neat correct answer, so I thought I'd put this poll up just to widen my own horizon, and think outside of my existing box.  Sorry if my post reminded you of some frustrating past events.  Though I have come to the conclusion that my past with that guy is now a happy memory of impossibility.  Maybe that's why now I can face Red Daddy everyday with a smile, instead of seeing him as an unrequited possibility.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mastershakeme said:

That's a hella interesting perspective on love... And you just disproved everything I just thought I knew!!! 

They way you put it... unrequited love actually sounds powerful and almost sweet in a way... Shit, maybe I should look into that emotion some more. I love powerful emotions. 

Well..., love is a powerful emotion....  It can defy gravity (especially if you're a guy...).

A N Y W A Y Z....  I approve W_L's message....  But I do believe gender is a serious concern for me at least....  Big, muscular guys do get me hot....  😛 

3 hours ago, W_L said:

I do want to get my cake though.  I am too old to be cakeless.  And I am a Taurus, so I want to horde my cake.  All the cakes are mine, mine, MINE!!!!

Actually I am monocakeous.  I just need one cake.  The one cake I can eat for the rest of my life.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, droughtquake said:

Maybe Jesse has been impotent for a very long time, poor guy…  ;–)

By your analogy, then I am impotent for forty years....  😤

I am not impotent.  I am just looking for the one.  The one who can make me sing in the middle of the night.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Ashi said:

By your analogy, then I am impotent for forty years....  😤

I am not impotent.  I am just looking for the one.  The one who can make me sing in the middle of the night.

It was in reference to Jesse who, in my protracted and silly tangent was ‘attracted’ to @Page Scrawler, but didn’t show the physical signs of arousal. It was not intended to be taken seriously. I might be celibate due to my personal mental health issues, but I’m not experiencing impotence. I’m sorry you saw it as an analogy. That was unintended.

3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

It was in reference to Jesse who, in my protracted and silly tangent was ‘attracted’ to @Page Scrawler, but didn’t show the physical signs of arousal. It was not intended to be taken seriously. I might be celibate due to my personal mental health issues, but I’m not experiencing impotence. I’m sorry you saw it as an analogy. That was unintended.

I was half joking also.  LOL.  When you're an old virgin like me, you'd joke about it like it's the funniest punchline in a stand up.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Ashi said:

Well..., love is a powerful emotion....  It can defy gravity (especially if you're a guy...).

A N Y W A Y Z....  I approve W_L's message....  But I do believe gender is a serious concern for me at least....  Big, muscular guys do get me hot....  😛 

I do want to get my cake though.  I am too old to be cakeless.  And I am a Taurus, so I want to horde my cake.  All the cakes are mine, mine, MINE!!!!

Actually I am monocakeous.  I just need one cake.  The one cake I can eat for the rest of my life.

Beefcake? :rofl:

Sorry, had to go there. :gikkle:do love Danny, Lachlan, and Jesse very much, but only in a platonic capacity. Sometimes, life doesn't give us the sort of family that we want. So, we're forced to make our own family, just by loving and supporting the people we choose to give our hearts to. Given a chance, would I go back and do some things differently? Probably, but I would definitely keep my time with those boys as it is, no question. They may not be blood relatives, but they're the best brothers I could ask for. :*)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

In the notorious groping-foot-in-the-hot-tub incident, my best friend (at the time and now) proposed dating (his foot groping me).  I thought about it, but decided that I’d rather have a best friend than potentially lose him if we ever broke up. Ironically, we later had a disagreement when we were sharing an apartment and didn’t speak for a couple years. He is a lot of what I would look for in a boyfriend, especially his ability to encourage me to get out of my comfort zone while simultaneously not triggering my passive-aggressive tendencies when confronted with advice. But he also has a tendency to purge his close friendships periodically. And his silly ponytail is a deal breaker!  ;–)

5 hours ago, Ashi said:

OMG! That was the smoothest, dirtiest joke over ever heard! Well played 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
20 hours ago, droughtquake said:

In the notorious groping-foot-in-the-hot-tub incident, my best friend (at the time and now) proposed dating (his foot groping me).  I thought about it, but decided that I’d rather have a best friend than potentially lose him if we ever broke up. Ironically, we later had a disagreement when we were sharing an apartment and didn’t speak for a couple years. He is a lot of what I would look for in a boyfriend, especially his ability to encourage me to get out of my comfort zone while simultaneously not triggering my passive-aggressive tendencies when confronted with advice. But he also has a tendency to purge his close friendships periodically. And his silly ponytail is a deal breaker!  ;–)

Ugh!  You just gave me a horrible mental image.  That ponytail thing is so like 90's.  I hope he killed that ponytail by now. 

I can totally understand you though.  You probably are lamenting over it like you should've just give it a try, since you'd break up anywayz....  I know the feeling!

I think if I could save/load over again, I'd probably kiss that guy back in twenty years ago and told him to feck off for playing my emotion like that....  Since that's our last day together anyways, I should have just stolen that kiss.  LOL

But I think people with ponytails are flakey in general.  I hope his foot was at least smooth.  I am not sure I'd like to have my balls filed by a rough foot.  Totally not sexy.

21 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Beefcake? :rofl:

Sorry, had to go there. :gikkle:do love Danny, Lachlan, and Jesse very much, but only in a platonic capacity. Sometimes, life doesn't give us the sort of family that we want. So, we're forced to make our own family, just by loving and supporting the people we choose to give our hearts to. Given a chance, would I go back and do some things differently? Probably, but I would definitely keep my time with those boys as it is, no question. They may not be blood relatives, but they're the best brothers I could ask for. :*)

How cute!  I wish I have gay brothers in RL though.

18 hours ago, mastershakeme said:

OMG! That was the smoothest, dirtiest joke over ever heard! Well played 🤣🤣🤣🤣

(*gives a curtsy*)

5 hours ago, W_L said:

Anyway, do bi/Lesbian girls have something equivalent to a Bromance? Maybe a Sismance?

Gurlmance.  GURL!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ashi said:

Ugh!  You just gave me a horrible mental image.  That ponytail thing is so like 90's.  I hope he killed that ponytail by now. 

I can totally understand you though.  You probably are lamenting over it like you should've just give it a try, since you'd break up anywayz....  I know the feeling!

I think if I could save/load over again, I'd probably kiss that guy back in twenty years ago and told him to feck off for playing my emotion like that....  Since that's our last day together anyways, I should have just stolen that kiss.  LOL

But I think people with ponytails are flakey in general.  I hope his foot was at least smooth.  I am not sure I'd like to have my balls filed by a rough foot.  Totally not sexy.

I’m trying to remember, but I don’t think he had the ponytail back then. But his foot was very smooth. I had to ask him what his foot was doing!  ;–)

It’s partly a timing thing. I would have been more likely to have dated him when we first met, but I was dating someone else. Someone who broke up with me in order to date him! (They only went on a couple dates before it ended.) It’s a bit twisted and almost incestuous.

I don’t really have any regrets about not dating him. I don’t think we would have made a good long-term couple! And I don’t think we would have reconciled if we had dated and broken up.  ;–)

I’ll be spending lots of time with him starting on Friday. We’ll both be seeing lots of movies at Frameline42! But he knows how I feel about his ponytail.  ;–)

7 hours ago, Ashi said:
12 hours ago, W_L said:

Anyway, do bi/Lesbian girls have something equivalent to a Bromance? Maybe a Sismance?

Gurlmance.  GURL!

Thank you!!!! I like it... you just coined a new term you flipping genius :P Gurlmance!!!!!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mastershakeme said:

Thank you!!!! I like it... you just coined a new term you flipping genius :P Gurlmance!!!!!

Lol, Gurlmance, :lmao:

16 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I’m trying to remember, but I don’t think he had the ponytail back then. But his foot was very smooth. I had to ask him what his foot was doing!  ;–)

It’s partly a timing thing. I would have been more likely to have dated him when we first met, but I was dating someone else. Someone who broke up with me in order to date him! (They only went on a couple dates before it ended.) It’s a bit twisted and almost incestuous.

I don’t really have any regrets about not dating him. I don’t think we would have made a good long-term couple! And I don’t think we would have reconciled if we had dated and broken up.  ;–)

I’ll be spending lots of time with him starting on Friday. We’ll both be seeing lots of movies at Frameline42! But he knows how I feel about his ponytail.  ;–)

18 hours ago, Ashi said:

How cute!  I wish I have gay brothers in RL though.

(*gives a curtsy*)

Gurlmance.  GURL!

Ponytail is sort of like an earring, it's kind of cool, but not all gay guys can carry it.

Sounds like a really good friendship though.

@Ashi, careful of the beefcakes, you might end up with a mad cow with too much drama :lol:

Physical attraction hooks you in, but emotional attractiveness keep you coming back at least from my experience of gay romance and Bromance. If a person is hot, but he has a bad attitude, it's hard to stay in a relationship of any kind.

• Like 2
  • Love 1