Need help with my Google Drive

Since this help is non-GA related, I'm posting this topic in the lounge.

I use the free 15 GB storage for Google Drive, and I have a yearly subscription to Microsoft, so I have 1 TB storage in OneDrive. 

Anyways, I use both of them to save my files. The main difference between them, in terms of what I save, deal with 'certain kinds of videos' *cough cough* (what can I say, I'm a healthy young man, lol). For those kinds of videos, I save them to OneDrive, since that one has more storage available. And I never save them to Google Drive.

However, recently I finally got around to updating to Windows 10 1803, and after the update had completed, Microsoft asked me if I wanted to sync my files. Even though, my files were already synced before the update, I thought it might've been turned off during and after the update, so I clicked 'yes.'

Well, everything was going smoothly until today, when I received a notification telling me my Google Drive was full. That didn't make sense, I knew, from recently checking, that I had used about 6 GB. So, I went online to check, and yep... my Google Drive had used up its 15 GB worth of storage, and when I looked at my recent tab, I found out why. The sync pop-up was asking me if I wanted to sync my drives to each other! That just goes to show, I really need to read things more carefully. Anyways, because I clicked 'yes' Google Drive had been uploading files from my OneDrive, including the videos.

That meant, these new files overwhelmed my remaining storage on Google Drive. So, for the past hour, I have been deleting all these new files, and I have managed to get my Google storage back to around 6 GB. 

So, this is where I call for help comes in: I don't know how or where to undo that sync setting. If any of you know, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Spoiler

PS: If any of you need me to clarify anything, I'll do my best.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Drew, I would delete all you don’t want on google and unlink that acct. check to make sure one drive set to default and link google again.

Thanks jp! 

I actually checked an icon on my taskbar (called 'Backup and Sync from Google Drive') and I was able to fix it from there! :) 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I actually checked an icon on my taskbar (called 'Backup and Sync from Google Drive') and I was able to fix it from there!

That's what I had to do recently as well. Though, I ended up deleting Backup and Sync in order to fix a different glitch in the system.

• Like 1

I'm old fashioned and don't save videos like that "cough" "cough" over a cloud, :D ( @Drew Espinosa I thought you were innocent 👼 now I know you have :devil:  :lol: )

Jokes aside, @BlindAmbition is right that is the right solution to getting sync option separate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1