Reason for edit

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

When we edit posts in the forums, there is a box saying Reason for edit. Sometimes people write the most hilarious reasons which have us   It's a great feature.

The same box shows up when you edit status updates, comments on chapters, and comments on blogs, but when you save the edited comment, the text written in the Reason for edit box isn't visible. Probably the same applies to story comments and story reviews, but I haven't tried those.

A recent example: I edited my comment in chapter 18 of Cia's Harbinger story. In the Reason for edit box I wrote Changed the number of sisters. It's not visible in the comment, but you can see the comment has been edited.

It's not a big issue, I simply wondered if there was an explanation for this difference. If the reason to edit isn't meant to be shown in comments, why does the box appear as an option?

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

It's the way the software is implemented.  They aren't always consistent on features and Stories is usually lagging when a feature of the base software changes.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

When we edit posts in the forums, there is a box saying Reason for edit. Sometimes people write the most hilarious reasons which have us   It's a great feature.

The same box shows up when you edit status updates, comments on chapters, and comments on blogs, but when you save the edited comment, the text written in the Reason for edit box isn't visible. Probably the same applies to story comments and story reviews, but I haven't tried those.

A recent example: I edited my comment in chapter 18 of Cia's Harbinger story. In the Reason for edit box I wrote Changed the number of sisters. It's not visible in the comment, but you can see the comment has been edited.

It's not a big issue, I simply wondered if there was an explanation for this difference. If the reason to edit isn't meant to be shown in comments, why does the box appear as an option?

I saw this awhile ago. Thought I was just spastic and screen reader hated me. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1