Newsletter Game: Pride Month Headline!

• Site Administrator
23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Written and will edit and post in the next week or so.  This was fun.

Yay! Awesome! The first confirmed entry is "done". 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Only just found this topic. :huh:. How very observant of me ....  :no: Anyway, my story's nearly done. 

Costa launches limited-edition rainbow cup for Pride month ...

Enjoying writing it.  :)

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Disjecta Membra said:

Alright, I have one!  "Report: “Gay glass ceiling” prevents gay men from being promoted"

This should be fun.

I almost went with one called: "Opinion: I have no faith in PRIDE." However, while I liked the headline, I thought it may get too political.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

I almost went with one called: "Opinion: I have no faith in PRIDE." However, while I liked the headline, I thought it may get too political.

There are a few that caught my eye, but I feared the same thing as you.  I was semi-wary of this one as well, since it doesn't actually reference Pride in the headline, but I think it's a fascinating concept.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I think it safe to add mine since it’s done and off to be polished. 

Headline:

SPORTS LEAGUES MAKE their NYC PRIDE PARADE DEBUT

I can't wait until people get to read this little gem. Yep, I already did and it's definitely a winner! Or since it involves gay men should I say 'wiener?' :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, northie said:

I've enjoyed every game I've written for, this is no exception. Thanks, @Cia:yes:

That's great! That's really what I'm trying to do with these newsletter challenges, to make writing a game. All too often we get swept up in the demands of writing. This deadline or that deadline, even the self-imposed ones, or the long, serial story plot and characters to remember and write, editing again and again, or even just the expectation that our writing mean something. But, no, sometimes writing can and should just be something that's light and fun. No expectations, no pressure, you do it or don't, you succeed or you don't (and maybe not succeeding is the point?) and you have fellow authors who are doing it with you. 

I always say writing is a craft and an art. And sometimes, art should just be about expression. I'm glad you got to express yourself! 

• Love 5
  • Site Administrator

@Mikiesboy   @Disjecta Membra   @Dolores Esteban   @northie    @Defiance19 @Caz Pedroso  @comicfan  

I don't think I missed anyone in the authors above that I've added to the newsletter who reached out to me via PM, but did I forget anyone? Anyone else have a submission done for this game? 

@BHopper2  @Valkyrie  

• Like 3
  • Love 1