June 19th, 2018

t7D8SZ5.gif

One story.

That's all it took. One story, typed out in an email and sent to the Nifty Archive. Hehehe, I look back and it seems like ancient history to me, and yet...so vivid that I can remember every detail of it. No big deal, no writing professors, no degree in fiction, nothing public...just a scared and closeted guy who wanted to relieve some sexual tension by trying to write the kind of story that no one else was writing at the time. There were some good ones, but they were becoming few and far between. I had so many ideas for what I wanted to SEE! What I wanted to FEEL! And...I reached a point where I just wanted to take a shot at it. Why not? Right?

Well...here we are, 20 years later. To the day. And it has been an AMAZING ride! Not just for me, but for many of us. When I talk about the Shack, you guys are always included. You are the fire that keeps this place going. It's YOU that contributes a piece of your heart and your emotion, just a few minutes at a time, that has allowed this place to thrive and survive for as long as it has. You are the bones and blood of this place, and I thank the stars every DAY that you guys have stuck by me for so long! And I'm so thrilled to be meeting many more of you guys for the very first time! In the past month alone, I've gotten emails from a TON of new visitors that never even knew this place existed before! So let me extend a welcome to you guys as well, and welcome you aboard. We've become a tightly knit family here over the years, and nothing has changed. Love you lots, and feel free to talk to me at Comicality@webtv.net any time you like. It may take me a while to answer...but I ALWAYS do! Always! :P

I won't take up too much of your time with any long winded speeches or anything. I just want you guys to know that on June 19th, 1998...I planted a seed with a single story that truly changed my life forever. I have no idea who I'd be right now if it wasn't for 'Comicality'...and I have thousands of emails from amazing people who have said the same. We've grown soooo much since this site first started out. We've had our arguments and our heartbreaks, our technological issues and our hacker attacks. But...at the end of the day, we've evolved beyond it all. Love wins. Love <I>always</I> wins. And if you're reading this right now...I'm going to assume that this website, with all of its flaws and hiccups...has made an impact on your lives as well. Even if it was just a moment to make you smile, and think..."Love is grand".

If I was able to do that with a cheap WebTV box, a 3rd grader's knowledge of techy programming, and some words on a screen? Then I feel BLESSED to have become a part of your lives, even if only in a small way. Because, in my mind, that's what life is all about. Leaving a footprint behind. Something positive that will hopefully outlive you through the memories and good fortunes of the people who have, somehow, been affected by the things you've done in this life. Missions accomplished while you had the chance.

I feel good today. Accomplished. Loved. Supported. This website, these stories, will be around long after I'm gone. I take pride in that. I really do. So thank you! I recognize your loyalty to this site, even when I'm being a bastard! LOL! I only hope you recognize my dedication as well, and have some faith in me and my ability to give you the best that I've got. EVERY...SINGLE...TIME! :P

We're going to part for an entire WEEK, folks! Starting today! "New Kid In School 59" is up in the Library right NOW if you want to read it! So enjoy, and let me know what you think!

"Year 20" starts TODAY!!! Woo hoo!!! Keep your eyes right here for more! Let's see if I can raise a few eyebrows between now and next Tuesday, shall we? >:)

In the meantime...hehehe, I just LOVE this kid!!! It's like...one of my favorite videos ever! Let's start this party right!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..