Which do you prefer in your romance?

m/m vs m/m/m+  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• M/M <-- only two makes it special
    • M/M/M <-- three is the perfect number
    • M/M/M/M <---- we need a California king
    • M/M/M/M/M+ <---- I like a lot of men piled on top of each other.

So I love to ask which one people prefer to read and write about. When it comes to polyamorous I will usually always try it out to see if it's a good read. In specifically a M/M/M or any three-way relationship, it's that much harder to write about and that is why I think it can almost be more in-depth if done right. Then again I've read some really bad M/M/M romances that I couldn't even make it to page fifteen. 

Tell me what you think? Which do you prefer and why? 

Edited by Pmsingtiger
  • Like 3

I'm more of the "Two is a Couple, Three is a crowd," type of person. In stories, I don't have published, I've done a threeway relationship, and a love triangle. However, neither felt "natural" to me, when I was writing it. And the whole short came across as forced.

• Love 1

As a writer I prefer M/M, although as a reader I would read anything so long as it works. 

The reason why I prefer M/M as a writer is because my writing needs to reflect me. As fun as a M/M/M sounds to me, it's just not something I would take emotionally well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've read some stories with threesomes or orgies....  They can be hot read, but in real life, I don't find it appealing.  Isn't that weird?  But then IRL I am boring as heck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, Ashi said:

I've read some stories with threesomes or orgies....  They can be hot read, but in real life, I don't find it appealing.  Isn't that weird?  But then IRL I am boring as heck.

It’s really hard to find an authentic feeling romance with a threesome or more that’s what’s I like about writing them. They are a challenge 

• Like 3

If I read romance, I guess I prefer M/M because it is what I can relate to in real life. Generally when I read realistic fiction, I need to be able to relate to it from my own life to stay interested. I can't relate to anything in my life other then M/M relationship wise, so I'd have no interest in any other kind of relationship. 

Though to be honest I don't like popular romance in general. It almost always follows a easily predictable style and plot and wraps everything up neatly and perfectly in the end. Real life relationships, and real life in general, are rarely ever as happily-ever-after as romance portrays them as. But then again, maybe that is part of the appeal as it offers a more happy escape from the harsher realities. 

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TetRefine said:

Though to be honest I don't like popular romance in general. It almost always follows a easily predictable style and plot and wraps everything up neatly and perfectly in the end. Real life relationships, and real life in general, are rarely ever as happily-ever-after as romance portrays them as. But then again, maybe that is part of the appeal as it offers a more happy escape from the harsher realities. 

See, this is one of the two main reasons why I did not go see Brokeback Mountain when it was released in theaters, and is the main reason why I don't really have interest in ever watching it now. I had the basic plot spoiled for me when I was reading an article addressing its then-current controversy, and knowing that it ends so unhappily killed my interest completely for the simple fact that we've had more than enough unhappy LGBT stories (both real and fictional) already, dammit. :P

(The other main reason I didn't go to its theater release is that its release was mere weeks after I'd only just begun to come out in general - no way in hell was I going to risk going off to see it alone, and my odds of seeing it "not alone" were pretty much nonexistent.)

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, MJ85 said:

why I did not go see Brokeback Mountain

:off:From me: I've never seen the movie, nor have I read the book it was based on. Recently on the forums, there was a discussion of BBM and it turns out the Author didn't like the Movie Adaptation, nor all the gay men making FanFiction of the story, because they turned it into a "happy ending."

I've written M/M and I've written M/M/M but not very much of it.  I like M/M/M because it requires a little more effort and creativity on my part and I like seeing how other people take it on as well.  But I also love a good sexy M/M as well.  M/M/M/M+ is a bit much for me to keep up with.  :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In my junior year of high school, I ended up in a three-way relationship with a pair of identical twins. Long story, which I might write about at a later time. :blushing: In spite of that, I prefer stories where the relationship is one-on-one. It allows for the partners to give "all or nothing" of their hearts to the other person, creating a deeper, more intimate connection with each other.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 2 months later...

I'm a very open-minded person who is open to both learn and explore new things all the time. I never say never, as long as I'm comfortable and feel that is right. I may have an opinion today, but that doesn't mind that I wouldn't change my mind afterward.

I like poly stories. I somehow like them best bisexual, though... Like, supposedly straight married couple both fall in love with a cute boy and good things happen. A kink of mine, I guess. :P 

As a writer, I prefer writing couples, though. It's what I'm most familiar with, though I have been polyamorous. (My girlfriend and I broke up in May, but I'm still with my boyfriend, so poly to mono, I guess.) Though I have had ideas about writing polyamory, too. I dunno. I guess there's that passionate dynamic between two lovers that isn't quite the same when there's more people. In my experience, poly folks are so good at communicating their needs, and they don't get jealous in the classical sense, and honestly, it's a bit hard to make that interesting unless you're going for pure erotica. Dysfunctional relationships are the most fun.

Edited by Thorn Wilde