Myr

Stories 2.3 RC3 Live - Report Bugs Here

Myr

We are aware that bugs can be frustrating. Unfortunately, the only way to detect and correct some bugs is on the live website with more than a handful of people doing the test.  Once a bug is reported, there is no need to pile on.  This is especially so if the bug is already been acknowledged. 

Message added by Myr

I suddenly had the option to add a chapter to VVesley's new story The Truce when I went to check it out. Seems it was posted just as the update happened, so maybe just a minor glitch.

• Like 1

This may not be important, but looking at the listing of my stories, all titles with more than one chapter are positioned for the date when they commenced, not for the date of the latest addition. Laptop using Windows 10 and Chrome.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

I suddenly had the option to add a chapter to VVesley's new story The Truce when I went to check it out. Seems it was posted just as the update happened, so maybe just a minor glitch.

Thanks.  It seems we had a strange use-case here.  The author published the story, but set the date for the first chapter at a different time.  Admins don't see the "Add chapter" option, since we can see the unpublished chapter.  So, admins wouldn't see this bug.  It's isolated to just that situation.  We're working on a bug fix to prevent people from posting a story without posting the chapter as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, northie said:

This may not be important, but looking at the listing of my stories, all titles with more than one chapter are positioned for the date when they commenced, not for the date of the latest addition. Laptop using Windows 10 and Chrome.

There is something odd going on with dates.  It's a bit more complicated than that.  But it has been marked for the programmers to review.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, northie said:

This is important for me, as it deprives the reader of an instant updated stories list.  The prior system listed stories by their updated date, which was far more helpful.   I’m using Safari iOS 11.4  on an iPad Pro. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tesao said:

The prior system listed stories by their updated date, which was far more helpful.

While we are working on this, please focus on reporting a bug, not providing opinions on them.  Clearly this is a bug, as I stated in my comment before your post.  See image below for accurate latest story update list.  Or click the link on the top of all the pages that says Story Updates: https://www.gayauthors.org/discover/6/

image.png

• Like 1

Got it.  I understand this is frustrating, but I wrote my comment before your reply to northie appeared. Otherwise, I would have left it alone.

4 hours ago, Ladyaross68 said:

I selected "completed stories" category and it lists "in process " stories with it

@Ladyaross68 I'm having a hard time replicating your experience.  Could you tell me exactly what you're doing step by step to get to the listing that includes in process stories?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

@Ladyaross68 I'm having a hard time replicating your experience.  Could you tell me exactly what you're doing step by step to get to the listing that includes in process stories?

Since I know I'm guilty of doing this myself when I've searched for stories, I wonder if the or All box was not deselected as it is the default option on this search feature? 

273241415_ScreenShot2018-07-05at11_42_12AM.png.bf8b5458499517e5b1a4a5cb072671dc.png

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Clicking on 'genres & tags' in the 'browse' listing on the stories page, the listing of tags is only partially in alphabetical order. From 'adult' onwards, it's fine, but there's a number of random tags before that which are in no order whatsoever.

Android tablet using Chrome. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, northie said:

Clicking on 'genres & tags' in the 'browse' listing on the stories page, the listing of tags is only partially in alphabetical order. From 'adult' onwards, it's fine, but there's a number of random tags before that which are in no order whatsoever.

Android tablet using Chrome. 

Why he keeps changing things that were working I'll never know...  I've added it to our tracking list.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the new system, or if it is something else. I've only tried it with two Categories, but there seem to be "extra" pages when you do a search. For example:

1. Set Category to "Fiction"

2. Set Genre to "SciFi"

3. Search results show 57 pages of stories.

4. Click to the last page (I like looking at older stories first).

5. No stories listed on Page 57.

6. Go back one page, and still no stories.

7. Go back one more, and you have a couple of stories there.

Same can be found on the "fantasy genre" with a larger return of pages, and 2 or 3 blank page returns at the end.

The programmer has it showing the page count for total stories, not total published stories with that filter. I can see stories on those last pages, since I can see the unpublished items lurking in the system.I'll add it to our bug tracking

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

In the new search feature, if you set the Genre to Fantasy and the tags to Magic, it comes up with 48 pages. On page 45, Lugh's story "Water" is listed, with a series title of "Elementals". I wanted to look at only series with those other parameters. So I did a quick search of series, and then set the genre and tags to Fantasy and Magic. That listing comes back with 7 pages, but Lugh's story doesn't show on that search (unless I missed it), even though both stories in the series have a series title, have a Genre of Fantasy, and at least one of the stories include the tag Magic.

Using Windows 10 with the most updated Firefox.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Renee Stevens said:

quick search of series

This is a bit fiddly. I've marked in our bug tracker though.

• Like 2

I might be the only person that uses this page and even linked to it in a recent forum post. https://www.gayauthors.org/storyoptions/storytags/

I've found that if you click on a tag from that page, it leads to a listing of all the stories with that tag. It even shows it as a filter with that tag highlight. However, if you try to apply any more filters, they won't apply to the results.

To replicate:

1. Go to https://www.gayauthors.org/storyoptions/storytags/

2. Click a tag.

3. Try to apply a different filter.

Now, if you go and search by tag, and then apply other filters using strictly the new method, it functions normally. It only happens using that page.

6 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

However, if you try to apply any more filters, they won't apply to the results. 

Confirmed.  You know the workaround.  I've added it to our programmer's bug list.

• Like 1

Similiar bug to the last one I reported. Links from this page: https://www.gayauthors.org/authors.html/ result in the same filters not applying.

To Replicate:

1. Go to https://www.gayauthors.org/authors.html/

2. Choose an Author category: https://www.gayauthors.org/signature_authors.html

3. Choose a prolific author: https://www.gayauthors.org/author/comicality/

4. Try to apply filters.

It does work to go the new way.

I got that as well.  All of that class, in fact.  it's a common issue across the board with mixing the old method with the new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myr said:

I got that as well.  All of that class, in fact.  it's a common issue across the board with mixing the old method with the new.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing with this. I really like the new method.

• Like 1