TC3 - A Few Days in the Life of Jeremy Isen by BHopper2

A discussion thread for the third installment of the Tampa Chronicles.

There was a request for a sneak peek of the two chapter currently in queue for editing.

Chapter 2:

It was 2:45 am on Thursday, June 7, 2018, and Jeremy couldn’t sleep. He lay in his bed, tears streaming down his face, as it has been every night since they learned of his parents’ deaths. Dressed in a cool loose nightshirt and boxers, Jeremy was about to give up on sleep and return to reading his tablet, when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

“Come in.” He wiped his eyes and turned to face the doorway. The tablet lit up the room in a soft glow.

Rob entered his cousin’s room leaving the door slightly ajar and walked over to his bed. “Heya… I was up getting a drink, and I heard you moving around. Can’t sleep?” He was wearing just his customary boxers.

Jeremy shook his head no. The light coming off his tablet displayed his red puffy eyes. “No… I close my eyes and that’s when the nightmares start.”

Rob nodded. “Scoot over for me.” He slid into bed with Jeremy, under the covers. He took the tablet and set it off to the side, and then pulled his cousin’s head onto his chest and shoulder. “Hope you don’t mind me sleeping with you tonight, Jer. Just think of me as your teddy bear for tonight.”

“Thanks, Rob…” He paused, as the boys got comfortable. He formed his body around Rob, to where he was mostly laying on Rob’s left side. “I… miss them… badly.”

“I know you do.” He rubbed Jer’s back and pecked a kiss on top of his head. “I was the same way when my mom died back in at the beginning of the year. It sucks, big time, and I miss her every day.”

“Did you ever get over it?” His voice was barely above a whisper.

Rob let out a long apprehensive sigh. “No, but the pain of her not being here, has lessened. I can’t tell you how long it will take, but it does.” He gave Jer a squeeze. “But, know that Dad and Duncan both love you, and I do too.”

“Thanks. I love you too… in a non-boyfriend way.” They shared a soft chuckle, as the tablet screen darkened sending the room into darkness. Light streamed in through the open curtains on the window, enough to barely see, but not to disturb them. “Thanks for doing this Rob.”

“Don’t mention it.” He smiled down to Jer. “I guessed that you may have wanted someone to cuddle with, because I know I did. Dad has a few times with me. Once before during the custody case, and then after we were reunited I was having night terrors on and off, and both he and Duncan would hop in bed for a bit.”

“Do you still get them? The night terrors, I mean.”

“No.” Rob ran his free hand through his hair and placed it behind his head. “The last one was at the end of April. Are you still set on seeing my therapist, Dr. Knowles?”

“I… am…” Jeremy mumbled as he drifted off to sleep.

Smiling to himself, Rob let out a calming breath and closed his eyes. I’ll do this every night if I have too. He’s such a sweet kid, helpful, and in so much pain. I’ll talk to Dad and Duncan in the morning.

As the thoughts drifted off, so too did sleep come to both boys. Unknown to them, Adam stood in the hallway and listened to the conversation just outside the door. He turned and crept back down the hallway to the kitchen, grabbed his phone that he left on the counter, and walked back to the master retreat.

“Seems we’re all up…” Adam crawled into bed and slid up to cuddle with his husband. They settled into each other, and he gave Duncan a passionate kiss.

“What’s up?”

“Well, my mom took dad to the hospital. He tripped over the dog going to the bathroom, and when he landed they think he might have broken his right leg. I had just got off the phone with her coming from the library when I heard someone in the kitchen. It was Rob, but he didn’t see me and when he left, he stopped in Jeremy’s room. Jer couldn’t sleep, so Rob’s in there sleeping with him.”

“That’s nice of Rob. Remind me to thank him tomorrow.” They held each other, and relaxed.

Chapter 3:

It was the morning of Saturday, June 9, 2018. Jeremy was awake and had been for about thirty minutes. He needed to relieve his bladder, had a raging hard-on from it, but couldn’t do anything about it. Like the past couple of nights, Rob had slept with him when the nightmares started. While Jer didn’t really mind, and silently welcomed it, that Rob slept with him all night, tonight Jer found himself pinned underneath Rob. He couldn’t help but smile looking at the boy that became his cousin, and soon to be his adoptive brother. Rob’s eyes were closed, mouth opened a bit as he breathed in and out, and his hair tousled from sleep.

Rob slept on Jer’s right side, using his arm as a pillow. Jer’s hand laid on his cousin’s back, his fingers slid across the smooth hairless skin, to brush against the ragged scar tissue that marred the shoulder. A soft moan escaped Rob.

If I don’t get up now, I’m going to wet myself. “Rob… I need you to wake up please.” Jer applied some pressure to his chest with his free hand. “You need to move before I piss all over you.”

“mmhmm… errr…” Rob started to snore softly.

“Don’t make me tickle you…” Jer sighed and ran his finger up Rob’s right side.

Rob yipped, and was immediately awake. “What… huh?”

“Good!” Jer quickly got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. The sound of his urine stream was loud with the bathroom door mostly opened. “I’ve needed to do this for half an hour and you wouldn’t wake up.”

“Sorry.” Rob moved into the bathroom too, his mind was sleep-addled. With one quick move, he fished out his manhood and let fly a stream of his own.

Jer was in shock. While he didn’t mind Rob sharing the toilet with him, he wasn’t prepared to see his uncut semi-hard-on. This isn’t happening, is it? I must be dreaming. Nope, not dreaming… that was wet. He finished up, washed his hands, and went back to his bedroom. I’ll admit Rob is good-looking, nice cock even, but nope. He’s not doing anything for me. Yup, my hard-on is going down fast. Guess I won’t be jacking-off this morning before breakfast. Jer’s arousal was completely gone, as he dropped his boxer briefs to the floor, and slipped on a new pair, along with some shorts. “I’ll see you in the kitchen, Rob.”

“Alright man.” Rob stepped out of the bathroom after flushing the toilet and washing his hands. Jer had just stepped out the bedroom door. Wait… did I just go piss with Jer? Fuck, I did. Damn it, I didn’t mean to do that. He fetched his phone from the nightstand next to Jer’s bed and headed to his room.

Jeremy stepped into the kitchen, scratching his head a moment. Lights on, but Duncan isn’t here. Jer picked up the note that sat on the center island. Huh, so they’re both gone. He turned to Rob, who had just wandered in. “We’re on our own this morning. They left early to get to some farmer’s market, and swap-meet.”

“That’s cool. What would you like to do? Eat here, or we could run someplace.”

“We can do that?” His eyes widen. “I mean, take one of the cars and leave.”

Rob nodded. “Yeah, Dad mentioned to me last night that they might go off this morning. Left me some cash just in case and said I could take his RDX out to get breakfast if you wanted to go out.”

“Oh, ok. Yeah, lets head out then… where should we go?”

“Well, we have a limit. We can go someplace here in Downtown, or at the furthest in Hyde Park.”

“Hmm. I vote no McDonald’s, or Burger King. I have nothing against them, but if we can go anywhere, let’s hit a place that a bit better.”

Rob laughed. “I agree with you. Hey, let’s go to that burger joint… they have breakfast… um… I’ve only been there once with Dad… The ‘Goody Goody,’ that place.”

“Cool. I’ll go get dressed. Meet you at the car in twenty?”

“Alright, little bro.”

They both laughed as they went to their rooms and got dressed. Jer ended up choosing black jean shorts, with an unadorned white sleeveless open-side tank top, and black New Balance shoes. Rob wore a similar outfit of black-colored cloth cargo-shorts and a plain neon blue tank top.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great teasers, just need the rest of the chapter’s to fill in the missing bits.

Thanks, Chris. They are in the queue with others.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Chapter 4

Mornings come early in the Jacks household, and it was no different for Wednesday, June 13, 2018. Bryce was usually up by 5:00 am, to be ready to for work. Now that Travis was fifteen, he would let him sleep in instead of waking him to accompany him. This morning was a little different.

The house was a historic bungalow on the outskirts of Ybor City off 24th Street. It was a small three bedroom, two-bath place, painted seafoam green with white trim. The interior was an open concept with a small kitchen in the back. The two men of the house had it decorated in a pleasant style, that reflected the Cuban culture of the area and a heavy dose of Florida style.

Bryce had gotten a call the day before, that the rental company was sending a representative at 8:00 am sharp to go over some business issues. It was now 8:30 am, and Bryce looked devastated. He was glad that Travis wasn’t awake yet. Or so he thought.

“Let me get this straight. The Landlord has sold the house to a developer, and they are not honoring the lease agreement?” Bryce sat on the edge of the couch. His hands were animated as he talked.

“Yes, and no. There is a clause in the current lease agreement that states if the property is sold, that the lease would terminate at the end of the month of the title transfer. That would be the end of this month. The new owners are happy to sign a new lease with you, but they are requiring an increase in rent.” The man was younger than Bryce by at least twenty years. Dressed well in a suit-and-tie, and highly polished loafers. “I’m sorry, I had to deliver this news to you, but we felt it was better to do in person. You’ve been here for many years, without a rent increase.”

“How much of an increase are we talking about? We’re currently paying only $833 a month.”

“The new owners are wanting $2500 a month.”

Bryce was horrified. “Seriously? That’s three times what I’m paying now. I can’t afford that… can we negotiate?”

“I’m sorry they are firm on the new rate.” The young man’s sadness seemed sincere. “We can provide references if you choose to vacate the property to another location. We also have several properties that you can move too. However, the cheapest is $1500 a month.”

“When do we have to be out by?” He let out a long breath and rubbed his face with both hands.

“The new owners will give you till July 15th, with no additional rent for the partial month.” A buzz from his phone indicated he had a text message. “I need to cut this short. You have my number and email, you can call, text or send me a message after you think it over.”

Bryce saw the rental agent out. Once he closed the door he pressed his forehead against it. “Shit…”

“Is it that bad, Uncle Bryce?” Travis stood in the doorway of his bedroom, which was just off the main living room.

“Yeah, it is.” He turned towards his nephew he adopted and gave him a half-hearted smile. “After all these years, you still don’t call me dad.”

“I love you like you were my dad, but I don’t know, it feels right to call you Uncle still. You’ve always been Uncle Bryce to me.” Travis gave him a shrug. “I really don’t remember my real dad, who was your brother, nor my mom.”

“How much did you hear?” Bryce met him in the center of the room.

“All of it. I woke up when his loud ass car pulled up in the driveway.” He gave his uncle a hug. “What are we going to do?”

“You are going to go to Jeremy and Robert’s place and have fun, while I go to work. Then I’ll be over for dinner, and you will be a teenager, while I worry about what to do.”

“I’m old enough to get a job. I can work fast food and give you the paycheck.” Travis’ voice was soft and pleading.

“No.” Bryce was firm on this. “I don’t want you getting a job, to help pay the bills. I’ve got this. Besides, you need to focus on your schoolwork, so you can get that scholarship you’re going for. You have to maintain what GPA?”

“At least a 3.8 GPA. I can do that while working. I don’t mind—”

“I said, No! That’s final!” Bryce interrupted. He stared pointedly at Travis.

“Fine. Be that way, Uncle Bryce.” He stormed off back to his room and slammed the door.

Travis tossed himself back on his bed. Why won’t he let me help! He’s done everything for me, not even dated anyone. He doesn’t even like his job. It’s so not fucking fair.

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. “Travis, son. You need to get ready to leave.”

Travis sighed and grabbed his clothes. He opened the door and went to the bathroom. He refused to look in Bryce’s direction. A few moments later, Travis was done with his shower, morning routines, and finished eating a breakfast bar and a glass of milk. “I’m ready whenever you are.”

“He speaks!” Bryce gave him a playful punch in his arm. “Come on, little man. Let’s not fight today. I want you to have a good time. Let me worry about this, ok?”

“Alright, Uncle Bryce.” He got up grabbed his backpack, swim trunks, an extra set of clothes, and headed for the truck.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

From the hints, they are going to be very good. Looking forward to when you start posting.

Same here. I don't like making you guys wait.

• Love 1